View Single Post
Old 01-05-2001, 02:04 AM   #10
AxemanZZ
Registered Member

Yeah, I believe it's a pretty old machine. But it'll take a .200 cut through 718 Inconel without a glitch, so it's still pulling it's weight =)

If you've never cut that material it compares to Rene 41 or a Waspalloy somewhat. You sound like you know your chit though so I'm sure you're familiar with it.

You should come to work at the shop where I'm working now. We make parts for jet engines and do a ton of developmental stuff. And to make it even better - they don't like buying new tooling so we have to make a lot of our own stuff. It makes for great experience though!

Anyway, back to the topic... I have the outside nearly completed and will be taking it for sandblasting Monday. I haven't started on the ports yet, but should have them done tomorrow. I want to spray a clear over the outside of the intake after I have it sandblasted so it doesn't dull up on me after I install it. Anyone have any suggestions as to what brand of clear to use? Or any ideas about pros and cons on clear coating a lower intake? I was wondering if that would hold in too much heat, but for the record - I'm not building a flat out race engine so much as I am a good looking one. Thanks.

------------------
90 Mustang LX 5.0
My Ride*My Site
AxemanZZ is offline   Reply With Quote