MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-16-2005, 10:13 PM   #1
tarmon8r
Registered Member

Default journal

Here goes my try at sharing the trials and tribulation of working and modifying my mustang. First off, I will say that the car is a basket case to begin with, but got it for the right price. Secondly, I am now also undertaking alot more than I had envisioned. Thinking to myself, while I have time I should do this and this and that..... sometimes better is the enemy of good enough. I am converting the car to 351W. While fixing all the problems and making things better. First off, I had to fix up the interior. Not show quality, but had to finish reinstalling and finding a driver front seat, steering column and carpet as well as the center console and shifter boot. Well, I didnt like the radio where is was. Hey who does in the older mustang, damn shifter is in the way. So I decided to move my radio. That is pic number 1. Yes, the radio is now in the rear view mirror. As well as install speakers in the door and tweeters in the pillar. Replace the rear speakers with quality 6x9's and 2 10" subs with the 10 disc cd changer and hid the most everything pretty well and the amps under the passenger seat(small amps).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Feb16050005.jpg (19.4 KB, 9 views)
1983 mustang, 393 cubic inch stroker small block, victor jr heads and intake, gold race 1.6 roller rockers. comp cam 304, 244@ .050. .576" hydralic retro roller cam,lunati rods. block was o-ringed,10:1 forged pistons, speed pro fit fit rings, clevite bearings,msd distributor and igniton,be cool huge radiator, black lite electric fan, march underdrive pulleys, mildon deep sump oil pan, mac 1 3.4" long tube headers, 3" dr gas x-pipe and mac exhaust,ARP bolts. car weighs 2900 lbs w/out driver, sub frames, weld wheels, mickey thompson sportsman pro 26 x 10.5 x 15's,#8 fuel line steel braided
tarmon8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 10:25 PM   #2
tarmon8r
Registered Member

Default Re: journal

I then decided to pull out my 393 out of my project stang and drop it in this car. So now I have to clean the stroker motor up. Pic 2. Still need a few things. Just brackets and minor things. After I cleaned up the motor. I decided to clean up the engine compartment. Then one thing lead to another and now I have hidden all of my wires under the fenders and front bumper. Move the entire wiring harness and re-install. Took about 6 hours total, start to finish. Well, finished with the factory items. Still have to wire up a few things in addition, msd 6AL, multi-step retard, flex-lite fan, and the N20. Here are a couple of pics of the engine compartment at different stages. Still waiting on my welder so I can fill in the holes in the fenders and such and I am going to box the frame rails and make everything smooth with bondo and fresh coat of paint. Not sure on the color for the engine compartment. Any suggestions? The avator is my car. Not a really good color in my opinion for an engine bay. Might just stick with a glossy black. Also waiting on my Griggs front suspension. Tubular K-member, A arms, and coil-overs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Feb16050004.jpg (29.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Feb16050002.jpg (24.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Feb16050006.jpg (26.8 KB, 7 views)
1983 mustang, 393 cubic inch stroker small block, victor jr heads and intake, gold race 1.6 roller rockers. comp cam 304, 244@ .050. .576" hydralic retro roller cam,lunati rods. block was o-ringed,10:1 forged pistons, speed pro fit fit rings, clevite bearings,msd distributor and igniton,be cool huge radiator, black lite electric fan, march underdrive pulleys, mildon deep sump oil pan, mac 1 3.4" long tube headers, 3" dr gas x-pipe and mac exhaust,ARP bolts. car weighs 2900 lbs w/out driver, sub frames, weld wheels, mickey thompson sportsman pro 26 x 10.5 x 15's,#8 fuel line steel braided
Old 02-16-2005, 11:03 PM   #3
tarmon8r
Registered Member

Default Re: journal

So while I am at a standstill upfront, decided to move to the rear and install my BBK uppers, and chassis engineering traction bars. Again waiting on the welder so I can weld the torque boxes.I was considering going to rear coil-overs, Any feedback or suggestion on those? Found some for $199 with springs. Not sure if i should just use my exsisting shocks. Also found 2 AFCO racing aluminum threaded body racing shocks, 2 AFCO racing 150# springs, 2 AFCO coil over kits and all hardwear to install this kit for $450. Looking for a good handling street mannered car.

Got my exhaust pretty much in there. Just need to weld up some brackets for the passenger side hangers. Installed a Steeda tri-axe short throw shifter in my T-5 since it was out.

Forgot to mention that Valentines came and went and I recieved a little angel. Been doing all this while taking care of him.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DCP_0497.JPG (11.2 KB, 6 views)