MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-20-2001, 05:39 PM   #1
treyjack
Registered Member

Question Just a quick question

I have a 91 GT. It has 184,000 on the orginal springs. Well I had it aligned today. They said the camber is off cause the springs are worn. Now I want to put new springs in it. When I do that will I have to put caster/camber plates, and offset rack bushings. Whats the deal with that. Also is there anyway to put lowering springs on and not have to put the plates and bushings on?
Thanks!
treyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2001, 12:16 AM   #2
RedCobra/95
Registered Member

I don't know if this will help, but I'm about to lower my car to. I'm lowering it
1 1/2 inches and I was told to replacce my shocks and struts. I asked if I needed camber plates or bump steer rods and they said no, casue it wasn't going to be lowered that much. I guess it depends how low you go. They also told me I might need, front and rear isolators. ( They being the Ford Dealership) As I say what the heck if you have the money to upgrade then due it. I hope this helped.
RedCobra/95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2001, 11:11 AM   #3
treyjack
Registered Member

Cool

I had a friend with a 87 GT. When he bought it it had lowering springs on it. The inside of his tires always wore pretty bad (camber off) thats what the plates are for. Just FYI. I also have a set of springs off a 84 GT 4cyl turbo. Can I put these on my 91 GT. I know their for a lighter car but wouldn't this lower mine. Just a question.
treyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2001, 12:24 PM   #4
fordgasm
Registered Member

You do not need the offset bushings for a 1-1/2" lowering. But, the caster camber plates are recommended. I lowered mine 1-1/2" also and diffently needed the plates to get the alignment I wanted.

------------------
fordgasm
CLICK HERE to see my 87 GT
fordgasm is offline   Reply With Quote