MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-26-2002, 03:28 PM   #1
347 on juice
Registered Member

Default Kenne Bell supercharger help

I'm having trouble with a lean condition from about 4200 to 4800 rpm. The fuel pressure is staying steady. I've sent the chip back to Kenne Bell and the problem seems to be worse now. The combo is the following:
331cid
AFR 185's out of the box
15512 Crower cam (.496/.512 222/228 @.050)
90mm TB
Stock Cobra mass air
9 to 1 compression

I have messed with fuel pressure and a little bit with timing to no avail. The dyno shop suggested that the chip was bad. I sent this back to no avail also.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks everyone.
347 on juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 05:44 PM   #2
sn95gt19
motors done......woohooo

you most likely need bigger injectors or an fmu. what size injectors are you running.

95gt lazer red (98 cobra clone)
Rice Haters Club Member #116
sn95gt19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 05:58 PM   #3
chico
Registered Member

Default lean

Has your mass air been calibrated for the blower and injectors. have never had good luck with mail order chips...the only way to get it right , is to dyno and cut a new chip... you can set the f/a mixture thr the entire rpm range
Old 11-26-2002, 08:50 PM   #4
347 on juice
Registered Member

Default Kenne Bell

I have 42 lb injectors and the Mass air has supposedly been calibrated to the injectors. I don't know how this is done other than through the chip.
Old 11-27-2002, 04:14 AM   #5
stangsrule
Registered Member

You can also use an Optimiser, Air Adjuster or something like the TwEECer. I have a Kenne Bell chip and have never been really happy with it so I just got the TwEECer so I can tune the computer to whatever I want, whenever I want... As much as I like my Kenne Bell blower their customer service really sucks, and once you have the chip taking care of your mass air calibration you are down whenever you have to take it out for a re-burn and hope they won't charge the normal $100 fee... With something like the TwEECer you can make all the changes you want on the fly and data log to boot!
92GT Lowered with Ebiach's and Koni's, Kenny Brown subframe connectors, lower G-brace and jacking rails. BBK upper and lower control arms, polyurethane bushings all around and Ken Bell blower, ram-air, 80mm mass air, SMC Alky Injection kit, J&S Knock Gaurd, TwEECer RT and a bunch of other stuff!
stangsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 07:40 AM   #6
Ackbar00
Rebel Fleet Commander

I know its a little off subject, but what do your Kenne Bell cars run at the track? I was thinking of one a little while ago, but was worried about the fact that they are not intercooled. My next great idea for my car is to bulid a 408 and then put a 2200 Blowzilla on it at a future date.

11.25@123.5 on only 8 psi.
10.84@121 on only 1 headgasket

"The Truth is, Your the Weak, and I am the Tyranny of Evil Men!"

Ackbar00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 08:47 AM   #7
347 on juice
Registered Member

Default Kenne Bell

Where can I purchase the Tweeker. The car has never been to the track, it is set up for road race. Untill I get the problem fixed I didn't want to risk engine damage. Thanks for the reply.
Old 11-27-2002, 12:27 PM   #8
stangsrule
Registered Member

Ackbar00, my car weighs in at 3660 with me in it and has been set up for handleing so has a suspension that really sucks for drag racing, I am also new to drag racing so my driving still needs some work but with a very "safe" tune and only 7#'s of boost I have run a best of 12.29. My ONLY complaint about the Bell is that it doesn't have an intercooler, but I got the SMC alcohol injection kit to use as a "liquid" intercooler. I am just starting to experiment with it but have talked to quite a few people that are using these alky/water kits with great success. The turbo buick guys LOVE them!!! I am also goig to try a small shot of nitorus for when I want a little "extra" something.

347 on juice,
www.tweecer.com is the address for the guy that actually makes it and you can go there and read up on it. www.v8mustang.com is where I actually bought mine from cause I got a little better deal on a group purchase there at the time. Mike Glover is the main man at tweecer.com and is the guy who actually makes the hardware and writes the software that goes with it. He is a really awesome guy and even though he is EXTREMELY busy, he will make sure you are happy with his product. I got the RT version so I can data log and want to build a wideband O2 to interface with it next so I can also data log my true AF ratio. BTW they have a new board at http://tweecer.oplnk.net/ where you can go to read a little more about it.
It is a pretty new setup so there is still new stuff for it coming out but once you buy it all the new stuff is free! I was going to go with the PMS but this does everything the PMS does plus some, for half the price. It is a little complicated to use but hey, that is half the fun! Feel free to email me if you have anymore questions or even just to keep me informed on how things are going with your setup. Us KB guys are few and far between so we need to stick together!

Good luck with whatever you decide.
92GT Lowered with Ebiach's and Koni's, Kenny Brown subframe connectors, lower G-brace and jacking rails. BBK upper and lower control arms, polyurethane bushings all around and Ken Bell blower, ram-air, 80mm mass air, SMC Alky Injection kit, J&S Knock Gaurd, TwEECer RT and a bunch of other stuff!
Old 11-27-2002, 12:31 PM   #9
347 on juice
Registered Member

Thanks alot Stangsrule. I'll let everybody know what happens.

Thanks again.
Marc
Old 11-27-2002, 01:05 PM   #10
stangsrule
Registered Member

Happy to be of some help! Do keep me posted...

By the way, nice name!

Later,
Mark