MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-26-2006, 08:56 PM   #1
scale
Registered Member

Default Koni Sport Kit

Any one run a Koni Sport Kit? Seems affordable at around 675 for 4 yellow shocks and springs.

It claims it will drop the car 30mm or so.

Ive looked and looked and havent found anyone that run these things to see how they compare with others.

Im thinking of junking my stock suspension and replacing it with something else this winter.
1991 LX coupe,AOD, red, 80k, K&N, MAC cat back, MAC off-road X, Autometer Gauges, BBK Ceramic unequals, fully polished upper intake, fuel rails, and egr, working on installing.....MM full length subs, H&R sport springs, MM Lower control arms, MM caster camber plates, bilstein shocks, struts.
scale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 06:24 PM   #2
richs347
Registered Member

Default Re: Koni Sport Kit

Are those the SA adjustable Koni Yellows? Do you know the spring rates?

I don't have experience with the kit but, fyi...

I bought Koni Reds in 1993 and the spring rate gave them a shortened life (680 / 250). The Reds are more of a stock replacement. However, Koni will stand by its lifetime warranty so keep your receipt. I later upgraded to the Koni Yellows SA for $50 as the Reds died. The yellows will take more abuse but are a little stiffer than the Bilstein of equal level. The Bilstein from what I've heard are more street friendly, but I personally don't have any problems with my Koni's (currently w/ the H&R race spring).

www.mustangpartstech.com
richs347 is offline   Reply With Quote