MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-23-2001, 11:55 PM   #1
stng87
Registered Member

Post Latest development

So the stang gets towed to an aamco 30 min away and the guy from the shop that did the rebuild first calls me to say that the shop here didnt want to do the rebuild. The reason they give is that they seem to think that my car is a track monster and they believe I am adding alcohol to the gas. They also say that they see bits of rubber on the fender behind that rear tires.
So I call the shop here and talk to the nutrubber at the desk to set things straight.

I asked him "alcohol in an efi system on a daily driver in februrary in ohio???????" He replied, "well it had a sweet smell to the exhaust" My reply was, "alcohol in an efi system on a daily driver in februrary in ohio???????"
I mean why would anyone in their right mind be adding power that is going to destroy their fuel system so they can race a car in the snow of ohio???

I then questioned him about the "burnt rubber" on the fender. His reply was, "well it might have been tar too" My reply was " it probably WAS rubber what the helll difference dose it make?" It'll be done on wednesday.

------------------
1987 black with t-tops. Cobra intake, 1.7 cobra crane rollers, gt40p's, bbk shorties, off road h-pipe, adj. FPR, rebuilt aod w/shift kit, 65mm TB, 4.10's 12.90's at best
stng87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2001, 01:28 AM   #2
84stangLX

Idiots. I hate people like that.
Old 03-25-2001, 04:51 PM   #3
stangbang
Registered Member

it's always hard to find someone who will do it right the first time. Whatever happened to the customer is always right? I too am tired of incompetent people who try to say that it's your fault instead of owning up to the fact that they goofed and will try to make it right. good luck
stangbang is offline   Reply With Quote