MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-26-2001, 10:40 AM   #1
1HOTGT
Registered Member

Talking Let's talk about gettin' STROKED!

Alright...I've only had my car a few months and I've already got a huge welt on my azz from having been bitin by the horsepower bug.

I'm trying to put a plan together for getting stroked (347). After strokin' it, I'd like to get blown (whoa...sounds like the convo I had with my g/f last night!!).

What is the best way to go about it? Buy a stroker kit? Buy the whole dang short/long block?

Getting blown is where it gets tricky for me. I know head choice makes a big difference when considering blowers so I'd like to do this right the first time....even though the blower will be a year or so after the stroker. (Thinkin' 9-10psi..no more).

I was thinking AFR 185's??

Lastly, (my biggest area of ignorance)...cam choice. Streetablity is key here...however, I'd still like to strike fear into the soul of the poor fellow behind me at the stoplight.

If it matters any....the engine has got only 25k miles it.

As always....any input is TREMENDOUSLY appreciated!
------------------
'95 Yellow GT Vert
AODE -
4:10's -
FMS ALUM driveshaft -
Cold Air -

[This message has been edited by 1HOTGT (edited 04-26-2001).]
1HOTGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2001, 10:45 AM   #2
FivepointOH
Registered Member

First off do you have any tranny mods to the AODE? That thing will not last very long behind a bad boy stroker especilly one with a blower on it. I'd start thinking about a new tranny or dropping a lot of money into the AODE first.

------------------
92 AOD GT, K&N, ram air, pulleys, 2 ch. flowmasters, 4:10's, shift kit, 1 5/8 mac longtubes and offroad hpipe 14.249 @ 97.34 mph before the headers and hpipe
FivepointOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2001, 10:51 AM   #3
1HOTGT
Registered Member

Actually, I'm working on swapping it over to a five speed right now. I'm still in the 'gathering parts' stage.....but everything should be finished in a week or two.
Old 04-27-2001, 01:49 AM   #4
WADS56
gear banger

Buying the stroker kit and doing it your self is the cheapest way. If you don't think you can do it though I would get a short block with good quality parts.
Canfield heads work wonders on strokers, even better when they are blown. Assuming that you have all the other stuff (induction, exhaust, and fuel upgrades) you could have a 11 second street car that will give you no problems.
By looking at your sig. though, you need to do allot of other things before your car can handle the power of a blown stroker, not to mention your wallet if you are doing this all at once.

------------------
347 W/ A-trim 6#'s, Canfield heads, out of the box Systemax II intake, solid roller cam. 11.1 @123mph

93lx 5.0 daily driver
WADS56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2001, 10:30 AM   #5
1HOTGT
Registered Member

Thanks for the reply WADS56!......

BTW, what color is your car? By looking at YOUR sig, I'd like to avoid you at all costs (not to mention stoplights, etc)

I can't exactly recall where I heard that Canfields won't work or 'fit' properly with a 347 stroker?

As far as the other things are concerned..(mainly SUSPENSION!), those are in the works as well. Just trying to get my plan together for the engine combo.

Any tips on cam choice?