View Single Post
Old 08-19-2003, 12:15 AM   #22
BilLster
Registered Member

I brought this up to my Dad and he had a couple of interesting points.

#1 big car companies havent jumped on this band wagon because of all around engine performance.(the longrod mainly helps in max Acceleration less than 5% of normal driving)

#2 in WWII Royle's royce made some long rod airplaine engines 15000.+ rpms but had problems with deceleration and piston life due to small piston skirts.

#3 what rod ratio's are top fuel and funny car using. also indy if anyone knows.

#4 as far as the car companies why arent they using aluminum blocks and heads in all there cars and turbo's on every model.

#5 Tehnically thats what weve done by using a smaller 302 piston (height same bore)in our 351 (my street ??? car ) but that wasnt the reason why.(so we didnt really increase the rod just decreased the piston height)

#6 I would race Jim Howards race winning 428 or what ever any day of the week and we'll see who wins.(ps the drag car not my street car) boost versus long rod.

#7 race weight can help more overall that a longer rod.

its interesting but not worth the time its been given . now cams thats something i still need help with