MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-02-2001, 02:19 PM   #1
Super_Stang
Registered Member

Unhappy Looks like it is time to give up unless there is an answer!?

Well there is another problem with my car and i really wish i could shoot the guy who put the sh!itty alarm in my car. here is my probelm -
------- i have an alarm in my car that works kinda of. but recently here is what happen : no matter how i turn the alarm on/off whenever i try to start the car the alarm cuts off the ignition so that all power is cut completely off.. i have tried everything.. only thing i haven't done is try to bypass it or take it out cause i don't know how...------my only option to do now is walk 1 mile to school and put my car in my barn with my 67.. so i guess it was fun while it lasted.
Super_Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2001, 03:19 PM   #2
ryan cornell
Registered Member

Try calling a car audio place and asking them how to disable it for good. If you can get it started take it to a car audio place and see if one of the installers will disable it for $10 or $20.
ryan cornell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2001, 10:18 PM   #3
jerryIII

this is funny because I was just discussing this today with some people....

Take the damn alarm out of your car (they are nothing but trouble)... and buy some full coverage insurance....

a word to all car alarm salesman or buyers;

IF A CAR THEIF WANTS YOUR CAR, AN ALARM WON'T STOP THEM.... IT WON'T EVEN SLOW THEM DOWN..... SO QUIT FOOLING YOURSELVES,,,, IT'S A WASTE OF MONEY....

THE ONLY THING THAT PROTECTS YOUR CAR IS "FULL COVERAGE INSURANCE"!!!!!!!!!!!

12 years ago I had a state of the art alarm system in a early 60's classic truck.. gee guess what happened!!!! some punk fk'r stole the truck (and the alarm) totaled it, and the only thing that saved my *** was the insurance.....
Old 08-02-2001, 10:42 PM   #4
Super_Stang
Registered Member

But i do not no how to get it out.... there are way to many D@MN wires that do not know where they go.. and i do not want to take it out cause i do not know what i could mess up
Super_Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2001, 07:04 AM   #5
mustangtim
Registered Member

Go to the battery or solenoid where the alarm wire runs to and yank the fuse.
mustangtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2001, 11:52 AM   #6
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

No offense Jerry but a 60's truck is pretty easy to break into. And I agree with the alarm thing, most of the time they are a huge hassle. But if there were two mustangs sitting right next to each other and they were identical, and one had an alarm with a lil red light(=P), and the other didn't which one would you try to steal? I agree it won't stop someone if they are a professional, but as far as the punk kid who thinks he knows how, the second that alarm goes off, even if it just goes off for 5 seconds , he'll be gone. The sounds are pretty easy to disable on the stangs, you have two horns, which you can reach underneath the car and pull the wires out of the horns, then just pop the hood, and pull the alarm pos. out of the siren. Maybe i shouldn't have put that, should I edit and delete that last message?

------------------
3:55's,BBK Off-Road H-pipe,BBK jet-hot coated equal length shorty headers,BBK 70mm Throttle Body,BBK adjustable clutch quadrant,C & L 76mm Mass air meter, PRO 5.0, Subframe connectors, Cobra R's 17x9 w/ 245's,Trick Flow Intake,Flowmaster Force II exhaust system, Super Duty T5,Centerforce II Clutch,Heavy Duty Radiator,9mm Ford racing plug wires,Accel cap and Rotor, moroso battery relocation kit, strut tower brace, 4 inch harwood cool hood, autometer phantom gauges

1989 Chevy S-10, EX. Cab-383(
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2001, 11:57 AM   #7
jerryIII

I wasn't trying to be a jerk and I see what your saying, just thought it was kinda wierd that we were just having a discussion about car alarms...