MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-13-2002, 03:11 PM   #1
SheStang87
Registered Member

Question Loss of power . . . more info

Thanks for everyone's help. My car is a five speed, Tremec 3550. I've been shifting around 5600, I've found that a good point for her. It may be a bad clutch, I'm putting a new one in this week end. She is just about stock except for the tranny and gears. It's not completely cutting out, but I've noticed a decrease in her power, it takes a while for her to tack up. My 60 foot has dropped from a 2.2 to a 1.8 when I put the gears in, she pulls pretty hard in second too, third gear it is obvious that it doesn't pull as hard. I've even had someone come up to me from the stands and say they've noticed it too. I've played with my timing and found that 13 advanced works good for her, I've tried other points and lost time. I found that when I opened up the box where my air filter is, it helped a little. I took out that air horn thing too. I was thinking that maybe she needs more air and/or fuel. What do you guys think?
Thanks alot for everyone's reply, I didn't think to put out more info. I hope this helps.
Thanks again,
Chirstina
SheStang87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 04:52 PM   #2
gtsr515
Registered Member

It's the difference in ratio's, that's my guess.
Old 05-13-2002, 05:40 PM   #3
95mustanggt
Registered Member

I really can't see it being air/fuel ratio if you have a stock car. The fuel system should be able to handle whatever the stock intake and heads manage to suck in.

Really puzzling, what happens when you are in 5th ans step on it? Does the RPM rise while you really don't go any where faster?

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 06:33 PM   #4
LX XLR8R
Dirk Diggler

fuel pump could be dying, plugs bad, plug wires arching, bad TFI module..did this happen right after the gears install??

the gears will make your motor want more air fatser than b4 so how is you filter??you still had the airbox???i recremend a K&N cone..go from there>

You might want to hold on..i saw this on a cartoon once
LX XLR8R is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: