MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Small Ponies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-12-2002, 02:03 PM   #1
Meandog-racing
Registered Member

Default Info for V6er's in ther quest for more power!

I've noticed a lot of posts with V6ers wanting to up thier power. there are many options for these engines, some are cheap and some are a little more expensive. mac performance makes cold air induction kits, long tubes, shortys, H-pipes and pretty much anyting you need to convert your single to dual exhaust. BBK makes a 56 mm throttle body and adjustable fuel regulator. I think you can use any 94-95 5.0 fuel regulator on the v6's too. NOS makes a kit specifically for the v6, part # 5124, but the stage 1 kit works just as well, you'll save a few bucks and you can re use it if you ever go to a v8. you can purchase such Items through places like brothers performance and need 4 speed. Vortec makes a supercharger kit for 94-98's, but I'm not sure if they have them for 99 & up yet. Procharger makes inter-cooled kits for all of them and their kits are intercooled too!
If you really want to get into rebuilding Morana does everything from heads and intakes to cams and stroker kits!

I hope this info is helpful to my fellow V6 owners, just some research I've done in my quest for more power!!

As for me I'm working on a 351W swap I got some good deals I couldn't pass up, so thats my long term project. Short term consists of 8.8 rear with 3.73 gears and NOS Stage 1.