MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-14-2001, 01:48 AM   #1
SlowStang2
Registered Member

Question Which lowering spring is the best?

I was interested in getting some lowering springs. Most say Eibach. Which spring has lowered the car the most with out losing the most ride comfort? Oh yea, anyone out there have those inTrax springs on their car, featured in summit catalogs?
SlowStang2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2001, 02:02 PM   #2
the bandit
Registered Member

i have steeda springs in my car, but they are a rough ride. i suggest the eibach.
the bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2001, 02:12 PM   #3
89 Cobra LX
Don Corlione

I run the Eibachs and they are great.... not too bumpy. They don't drop the ride height as much as some of the others (probably why they're not so bumpy).

------------------
Eric - 89 Mustang LX
302 - Cobra Intake - GT40p heads - TFS stage 1 cam - FRPP 1.6 roller rockers- Naturally Aspirated

3.73 gears - KYB shocks and struts - Eibach springs - HPM Mega-bite Jr lower control arms - HPM upper control arms
89 Cobra LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2001, 03:15 PM   #4
TEXSN95
Registered Member

If you are going to keep your stock shox/struts, then the ride will suck with any springs. You can't beat the FMS C springs for the price..$135 from summit...650 front 200-300 rear. I have the tokico adjustables, and the ride is firm and very controlled but not harsh. Most of your ride quality comes from the rear, and the progressive rate spring helps keep it streetable. The steeda springs are about the same rates but are about 50 bux more. Intrax sucks...it lowers your car too much, so you get less ground clearance, more bumpsteer, tire rubbing, harsher ride, and it screws up your front end geometry.

------------------
Clint L.
White 95 Cobra #3637
58cc GT40X heads with mild porting, Crane 2031 cam, FRPP 65 TB, 1.7s, Cobra intake, homeade cold air, 155lph, pullies, Tokico Illuminas, C springs, GW LCAs, Kenny Brown super subs, Steeda CC plates, aluminum driveshaft, Steeda quadrant, B&M ripper, Kirban FPR, MSD6A, Taylor wires, Mac shorties, off road hpipe, 2 1/2 ultra flows w/ dumps, R hood, Euro clear corners, stock 3.08s
13.61 @ 104.7 w/ 2.22
TEXSN95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2001, 03:25 PM   #5
Smokedawg
Tires Fear Me...

While everyone is on the subject of lowering...Can one lower a car with just the use of shocks...My gf is purchasing a car and its lowered..the previous owner was like..its has lowering shocks and blah blah blah..i never heard him say springs though..should i check this before she actually drives it away??

------------------
347 Stroker Motor: Balanced, Cobra Transmission, Extrude Ported and Polished Upper and ported Lower, GT40 Milled Ported and Polished Heads, B303 Cam, BBK 1 5/8 Headers, 30lb Bosch Injectors, Holley AFPR, March Underdrive Pulleys, Perma-Cool Fan, 3-Core Radiator, Accel Performance Coil, Accel 300+ Racing Wires, Ram Air, K&N Filter, 73mm Vortech MAF, 70mm TB, FlowMaster Exhaust w/BBK Offroad H-Pipe, Hurst Shifter, 3:55 Gears, Ram Clutch, Cross Drilled Rotors, AC del, rear seat del.
Smokedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2001, 11:27 AM   #6
horse with no name
Registered Member

Cool

I also had a question about springs since we are on the subject. What do you all think of saleen vs Eibach. My brother has the saleens in his 90Gt it rides kinda rough, but i like the feel. Does anyone know how Eiback would compare?? Thanks for any advise!
88GT/World Class t-5, hurst billet plus shifter, Power slot rotors, ss caliper sleeves,ss braided brake lines, hawk pads,edelbrock timing chain, fms 9mm wires, 16" boyds wrapped w/ BFG G-force T/As.
horse with no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2001, 01:19 PM   #7
bada$$lx

Cool

Eibach's the way to go. Lowers ride just enough (not too much or little), and the ride is far from harsh.

------------------
'90 LX 5.0; 12K original miles (no sh*&); 3.55 gears; pulleys;Edelbrock Performer Heads; BBK shorties; MSD 6AL box w/ blaster 2 coil; Motorsport E303 cam; Pro-M 75mm MAF; BBK 70mm TB; Eibach spring kit; Southside welded subs; K&N cone filter charger; Hurst shifter; fiberglass turbo hood; A/C-less; rear seat-less; cat-less; 2 chamber Flos; Corbeau racing seats (fronts);
30# injectors; JMS Chip; 190 lb fp; TFS track heat Intake (12.299 @ 113)
Old 06-15-2001, 04:26 PM   #8
Stang Runner
Registered Member

Exclamation

If you drive a mustang why do you car about the ride if it goes fast, that is all that really matters!!!!

------------------
1988 LX 5.0
Drivetrain: 2.73 Stock Gears, World Class T-5, Lakewood Bellhousing, Summit Adjustable Cluch Quadrant & Cable, Alumminum Driveshaft, Flaming River Manual Steering Rack
Suspension: MAC Control Arms,Maximum Motorsports Front Grip Package, H&R Sport Spings, Bilstein Shocks
Engine: Steal Mounts, Ram air, K&N, Under Drive Pulles
Exhaust: 1 5/8 Un-Equal Length Mac Headers, X-pipe W\cats, Edelbrock cat\back

Stang Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2001, 08:21 PM   #9
green94droptop
Registered Member

From what I've heard about Eibach, it lowers your car just enough so that ride quality, handling and front end geom. are not compromised. Thus, eliminating the need for adjustable C/C plates.

Difference between Eibach Progressive and say...Steeda Sport: Eibach had a fixed rate front; somewhere around 600lbs and a progressive rate rear; somewhere around 320lbs. Steeda Sport is fixed all the way around making the car lower and comprimising ride quality.

Also if you want to have passengers in the car with you, you might want to consider Eibach Pro's because they won't drop when you have people in the car.

My choice when I get the money will be the Steeda Sport with their C/C plates to fix the front end geom.

------------------
Green '94 GT conv. -- K&N filter charger, FMS 9mm wires, Accel hipo cap/rotor, 180* thermo, 14* timing, off road H-pipe in front of 2 chamber flow's, Steeda subframe connectors w/ crossbrace, and still workin' on the rest!

My 'Stang
green94droptop is offline   Reply With Quote