MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Windsor Power (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   MAC or Flowmaster (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=38465)

TechWood 08-10-2003 08:52 AM

MAC or Flowmaster

I'm stumped between the flowmaster american thunder system or the mac. I originally wanted to go with the flowmasters because I'm a big fan of agressive exhaust notes and love the metallic muscle car sound that flowmaster provides. I've never seen or heard a stang with the macs so I can't compare the two. I was told the flowmasters are all sound and no go. That they're too open and don't provide enough back pressure for a good hp increase. Not sure how true this is or not but I've been recommended the macs by more than one person. I also like the fact that the macs come with an optional 3.5" chrome tails. How do the macs compare to the flowmaster or vice-versa as far as overall performance? What difference is there in sounds between the two? Additionally, I plan on installing mac full lengths and pro chamber h-pipe along with the cat back. Like I said, I'm a big fan of an aggressive exhaust bark and don't want my car sounding like an F-150 with 2" dynomax and likewise run like one. Any info, feedback, or suggestions are appreciated. :confused:

429mustang 08-10-2003 10:25 AM

Magnaflows are supposed to be good, I would like to try a set of the dynomax ultraflow race mufflers.

Agent_4573 08-10-2003 12:01 PM

if your gonna get a mac h-pipe and headers, mine-as-well keep it all the same and get the mac muffs. Usually matched setts sound and perform better than anything else.

mpj76 08-11-2003 08:21 AM

I have a MAC catback system with chrome tailpipes. Sounds great BUT...the tailpipes start rusting after about two weeks. My friends Flowmasters did the same. Go with a stainless system, or keep your stock stainless pipes. I live in central Florida (no snow, salt spray, or acid rain).

GhettoPop 08-11-2003 09:15 AM

i put on an x-pipe and a magnaflow SS cat back, excellent quality, sounds awesome, about 1/2 the price of borla for, in my opinion, the same quality and sound

Mountain Main 08-12-2003 08:35 AM

I like MAC's

I have MAC Shorty's. MAC Off Road X-Pipe and MAC Mufflers with the tail pipe combo. The great thing about the MAC Mufflers and the MAC Tail pipes is that I am able to take the tail pipes off and polish them. MAC has a real throtty sound to them. I don't really like the sound of Flow Masters. They don't sound that violent. I love driving down the road and settings off car alarms.

Mountain Main

VeNuM 08-12-2003 08:39 AM

I love my Magnaflows. My car had Flowmasters on it when I first bought it, at first I thought I liked it, but now I hate them after I've heard many other combo's. I had MAC headers and H-pipe and I truely believe a monkey could have done a better job, their stuff is crap in my honest opinion. ~Brian