MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-24-2001, 12:00 PM   #1
Stang_ROTY
Registered Member

Talking Made the decision....Going with the Lentech!!

I'd like to thank everyone that took the time to answer my tranny call. I appreciate the opinions. I spoke with Len, the owner of Lentech today and we discussed my personal needs as far as driveability and part-time racing. He suggested I get the Street Terminator Plus which can handle 700HP. He also advised me to stay away from a trans brake as "It won't really help your 60ft times, and you'll be driving it much more on the street than on the strip" He said a 9.5 in. torque convertor would be great and explained to me that the overdrive will have a lock-out feature (like most electronically controlled cars.) The tranny includes some nice things like a billet 1 piece chrome input shaft and comes with a limited warranty....which is something Dynamic never mentioned. Len also explained to me that the AOD is a far superior tranny and is more durable than a C4 or C6, which surprised me. My main reason for choice here is the fact that I want to be able to cruise once in a while on the highway and not have to bring gas with me. But seriously, if I went with the C4 from Dynamic I think I'd get pissed that I couldn't go anywhere without spending 30 bucks on gas. I hope I'm making the right decision as this tranny (along with everything else) ain't cheap!! Any thoughts??

------------------
Almost done

93 GT, Undecided btw Lentech AOD & Dynamic C4, 8 pt cage, chute,
Sothside Machine bars & Sub-frames, 3.73's
'69 393 stroker w/SRP pistons, Edlebrock Performer heads, Performer RPM Upper & Lower Manifold..Crane Gold 1.6 Rollers Comp Cam..BBK 70MM TB, ceraminc shorties & H-pipe w/cats..30lb Injectors..Cartech Fuel System..etc
Stang_ROTY is offline   Reply With Quote