MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-22-2001, 08:47 PM   #1
Stang_ROTY
Registered Member

Exclamation MAJOR Disapointment-Engine cranking but no fuel-Please help!

We have spark and the motor is cranking but no fuel. I can't figure it out and it's really pissing me off. The first time we tried and realized I had no fuel I decided to check all the fuel lines and I found the 1/2in. line coming off of the pickup going into the Cartech pump sprung a leak. So we cut that part of the line off and now I have no leaks. The engine still was cranking but getting no fuel to the rails. When I bought the car the fuel lines were already run along the frame and the dude I bought it off of handed me the cartech pump and filter on a mounting bracket. He also told me he disassembled and cleaned the pump. The thing is working..sounds real loud which again tells me there is no fuel flowing through the pump. so I don't think he broke it, but I don't know for sure. Here's my setup. I'm running the fuel line from the pump into the pass. side rail, crossing over in the back, and exiting in the middle of the driver rail into the regulator. The return line is the smaller of the two (I believe it's 3/8) and exits the bottom of the regulator to the pickup tube. Is my setup correct? How are you guys running your setup? Thanks.

------------------
Finally DONE!!
93 GT, 393 stroker, Dynamic Roller Mite C4, 8 pt cage,
Sothside Machine bars & Sub-frames, 3.73's,
'69 351W block w/SCAT crank.
Stang_ROTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2001, 10:24 AM   #2
powerhungry
Registered Member

here is a few things to try, the firs is remove the out line from the fuel pump to make sure that the pump is actuly flowing fuel through it. The next thing to check is the fuel filter, you may want to make sure that their is no blockage. And you will want to do the same with the in line to the fuel rail to see if their is fuel at that point. as for the reguilator on proper hook up call the place that makes it and get a instalation sheet for your regulator. to see what is the proper instalation prosidure. So as you can see you will have to start at the rear and work your way foward to see if your gettin proper flow. And one other thing that you will want to check is your fuel pressure reading. I hope this helps and good luck.
powerhungry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2001, 11:23 AM   #3
Stang_ROTY
Registered Member

I found out that the problem was real simple. the line was kinked betweem the tank and frame. Now when I go to start it it ron't run. It'll bumble around and when I let go of the key is starts "diseling". I know the firing order is right but I can't figure out if it's timing or missing a sensor. I spent 80 bucks on a ACT sensor and a ECT sensor. I hope they help.
Stang_ROTY is offline   Reply With Quote