View Single Post
Old 06-07-2003, 10:40 AM   #8
1jimmy__d
Registered Member

Good news- I went to themechanic last night and discovered what it was. apparently he took off the breather piece thingy from the pcv vavle hose and connected it to the place where 4 other hoses are connected (forget the name). he thought it would help with blowing less oil. apparently it created such a vacuum that it was sucking it into the throttle bodyand dripping where the cold air induction meetes the TB under neath there. then dropping onto the throttle cable plate thing. so, fo rnow, we unhooked the line and put the breather back on where the pcv valve is. he is going to think of a way to redo it so that there is less vacuum or something like that (make up a new tree)

so it was nothing major, however i do have a rear main seal leak that is minor and i dont need to worry about it he said! thanks for all replies, any ideas as to what he means by making up a new tree for the vacuum lines? thanks
90 lx hatch, holley systemax II kit, rebuilt 302, BBK 155 lph fuel pump, pro M bullet mass meter wtih BBk cold air intake, 30 # injectors, 70 mm TB, jacobs ignition system, edelbrock water pump, BBk longtube headers with h-pipe, flowmasters, b&m ripper shifter, 3.55 gears, Proform electric fan, subframe connectors/removed smog pump and ac!

75 shot of nitrous!

13.2 at 112 1/4 mile- no traction!
1jimmy__d is offline   Reply With Quote