MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Small Ponies (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   '91 power window switch (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=49441)

foolio669 02-19-2007 02:06 AM

'91 power window switch

recently when i took my 2.3l in for clutch service, i asked the dealership to find out why the power window switches weren't working on the drivers side. they told me i needed new switches, which i planned on installing myself to save a couple bucks since the repair cost more than the car is worth. after tearing the armrest off the door, i pulled the old switches off, and put the new ones in. they still didn't work. is there anything special i was supposed to do that i don't know about? the passenger's side switch works with the new, and the old switches in, so please don't reply with a fuse fix.

thanks for any help

foolio669 02-19-2007 06:00 PM

Re: '91 power window switch

after asking another repair shop, i'm told these switches should just plug in where the old ones are taken out. I always regret taking something in to be repaired, as I seem to always get screwed when i could have fixed the problem myself.

goodyear1984 03-06-2007 05:04 AM

hey get a test light and see if u get power at the window motor when u press the switch and if u have power check the ground if they both chech out good then it will need a motor

foolio669 03-06-2007 03:58 PM

a new motor for the driver's door window doesn't fix the fact that the passenger's switch in the driver's door doesn't work for the passenger window. i would understand if both passenger switches worked for the passenger window, and only the switch for the driver's window didn't work, but instead, no window's will move with the driver's door switches (i've tested these switches, it's not them), but the passenger's window does function with the switch that is in the driver's door.

i'm pretty sure it's electrical, which means i just have to pull everything apart and find a broken wire or something.

goodyear1984 03-07-2007 01:22 AM

srry i didnt read whe ya said to good ..thought u said the drivers side would open the pass side...its easy to check just get a diagram

foolio669 03-07-2007 10:23 AM

in my last reply, i should have said that the passengers window works with the switch in the passenger door, not the driver door. but, also, when i'm using the passenger door switch, i can short the loop by pushing on the passenger switch in the driver door in the opposite direction than the passenger door switch. so the passenger switch in the driver door seems like maybe it's not getting enough power to operate the window, but it does have enough to stop the passenger window when using the passenger door switch.

sorry if none of that makes sense...i'm pretty sure i just have to find and wrap one wire, which is just annoying seeing as it's winter, and those bastards at the repair shop somehow dropped my window a quarter inch. they didn't do it with the switches, and they're refusing to tell me what they did.

goodyear1984 03-08-2007 12:54 AM

yea man u got some wire tracing to do ull get it workin good luck