MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-24-2001, 02:11 PM   #1
Ramblin_on
Registered Member

Smile Accelerating Techniques

Hay Guys!!~
Hope your all well and in good spirits.

I've finaly gotten my stock '88 5.0 GT upgraded slightly.
Had to install a new clutch so I went with Centeforce.Also changed the gears from stock to 3.55 Woah!!~ what a russssh.....

Just so you guys know? all the info I have read from you people has helped make my choices easier.For those of you who share so much of your wisdom? Thank-you!!~

MY though now that I have this new set-up.
I'm curious how you guys approach your driving in terms of getting off the line in city driving as opposed to being on the street alone and cutting loose all that pent up power.
Just wondering how many different habits you guys have for accelerating.

Thanks for your time and again,thanks to all you guys who share so much with others
take care!!~
Ramblin_on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2001, 04:34 PM   #2
Yan88gt
Registered Member

I'm sure you have a little spot to beat the hell out of your car. Go there ( only you and your car) and practice. Only practice will help you launch with street tires. Your shift point is also very important. I think that's why some can go very fast with a nearly stock mustang and some are very slow. Don't rev it to 6K rpm unless you have head,intake,cam combo. 5200- 5300 rpm is where you wan't to shift.
Old 11-26-2001, 01:23 AM   #3
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Most people tend to just slip the clutch out rather than dumping it or sidestepping it with street tires. Even if you have a stock 5.0 with stock gears you will just go up in smoke if you dump it from 2000-2500 revs. Get some drag radials and make it a helluva lot easier on yourself with that 5 speed. Either way, practice makes perfect. Everyone will tell you that. Find a secluded area with a surface similar to what you'll most likely be racing on, and just take a few launches at a time.
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote