MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Windsor Power (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   granatelli lower control arms are junk! (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=25661)

sn95gt19 06-30-2002 07:10 PM

granatelli lower control arms are junk!

i bought granatelli rear lower control arms about a month ago, yesterday at us41 i was power shifting with the spray and the left control arm snapped, the rear end started WOBBLING horribly and i almost hit the wall going 100mph numerous times while trying to slow down. i was shifting into 3rd. i was just wondering if anyone had these control arms and if they have had any probs. with them. and if there is any way that i could get ahold of granatelli. (the control arm snapped at the rear tubular part where the rear bolt goes through the control arm, not on the weld though)

avbcon12 06-30-2002 07:38 PM

wow, i havent had any experience with them. so youre saying the tubing that houses the bushing snapped? at which end, the body end or the axle end?

take care,
adam

sn95gt19 06-30-2002 08:33 PM

on the axle side, it looks like it is just stamped steel, there is no weld there or anything. like they just folded it over to make the round part that houses the bushing. (without welding it)

sn95gt19 07-01-2002 12:56 AM

LOOKS LIKE IM THE ONLY "BRIGHT" ONE THAT BOUGHT THESE JUNK CONTROL ARMS HUH???

IMPULSERACING 07-01-2002 08:11 AM

Control Arms

Damn that was you. NICE RECOVERY, GREAT JOB keeping it off the wall. I dont have any experience with their lowers but I love their double adjustable uppers. Where did you buy these from? Are you positive they're Granatelli's and not a cheap rip off? The Granatelli uppers ARE welded and very nice pieces. Give Granatelli a call and see what they say. I'm sure they'll take care of you. Let us know how it goes.

IMPULSERACING 07-01-2002 08:12 AM

Also,

Think about getting a set of Megabite Junior lowers, YOU WONT SNAP THEM!!!

explicitone 07-01-2002 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by IMPULSERACING
Also,

Think about getting a set of Megabite Junior lowers, YOU WONT SNAP THEM!!!

who makes the megabite juniors ,and where can you get then?

IMPULSERACING 07-01-2002 02:41 PM

HPM makes them You can find them at most aftermarket distributers. There are a couple of places that have them for $229.00 which is a good price. Email me if you can't find them and I'll get you some numbers (I dont have any paperwork in front of me right know) Email me your # or for my # if you want to come by and see them on my car (I'm in chicago)

Ron

sn95gt19 07-02-2002 09:35 AM

they are granatelli's, they have their part number, a sticker in the box and their name on the box. they better be granatelli's. (or someones gettin screwed) they gave me a new one at winners circle, and they said that granatelli would cover any damage that was done to my car. (REAR COVER, TIRE, SWAY BAR, SPRING, SHOCK) ALL GOT DAMAGED.

sn95gt19 07-02-2002 09:37 AM

oh by the way, THANKS impulse. i definitely had to change my undies after that one. scared the crap out of me. (goin 100+mph almost smashing the wall would ruin anyones day)