MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-12-2002, 03:14 PM   #1
88PONY
Registered Member

Question Maximum Motorsports!

Has anyone here ever installed a Maximum Motorsports roll cage? I was just wondering how hard it was to do it yourself?

Thanks
88 Notch Natually aspirated 306 600 carb Edelbrock Victor Jr. Intake and Performer RPM heads 11.5 comp. ATI C-4 8" 4200 stall 4:10's 28x10.5 M/T MAC longtubes/prochamber Dynomax Race magnumss dumped, Caged and ready to go!!! 11.8@115

And remember friends don't let friend drive MOPARS!!!
88PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 03:52 PM   #2
drudis

Never did a MM one, but did build my own...
www.dariusrudis.com Rollcage link.
http://www.dariusrudis.com
drudis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2002, 01:01 AM   #3
DZEE'S LX
Registered Member

I put one of their 4-point bars in. It is the same as their 6-point but without the forward braces.
It is a good product.
You will need access to a welder because they ship it with the braces loose. I also painted mine myself.

They are a pain in the *** to install. You basically have to remove most of your interior to get to all the attach points. It might be a little easier with a hatchback but I'm not sure. You will have to cut holes in your rear panels if you have a hatch. You will need two people to get it in and out without scratching/tearing things. You also need a helper to install the bolts since they go through the floor & fenders.

The only thing I do not like about it is that the passenger seatbelt action is somewhat inhibited by the bar. Not sure if that is due to how I located it, if the car interior is not quite straight, or if it was the bar itself.

Dan
Spec Service (UHP), BFG G-Force KDW's, Turbo Coupe 3.55 rear w/disks, 73mm calipers, Stg 1 Twisted Wedges, TFS Street Intake, 70mm TB, E cam, Crane 1.7's, Aeromotive FPR, BBK 1 5/8 shorties, elec fan, FMS Al Radiator, Moroso Wires, Kenne Bell Ramair, March pulleys, Race Magnums, 190 lph Walbro, FMS Al Dshaft, D/S loop, MM 4point rollbar, FMS C spngs, strut tower brace, Tokico Illuminas, Prothane bushings, MM Lwr Conrol Arms, KB welded subs, Cervini Mach 1 hood/valence/side skirts/wing/airdam.
DZEE'S LX is offline   Reply With Quote