MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-10-2003, 06:51 PM   #1
eeh1025
Registered Member

Default Which trans fluid to choose????

Hi there, im puting new trans fluid in my man T5 Tranny, i use the car for daliy driving ad i like to get on it all the time, and i was wondering which Redline transfluid i should choose,

D4 ATF: A fully synthetic ATF designed to satify the requirements of Dexron III, Mercon and Mercon V, while satisfying GL-4 oil requirements. Superior stability allows high temp operation without varnishing valves and clutches. Also provides tremendously improved shifting in cold weather. The best low temp shiftability for manual transmissions and transaxles.

Synthetic ATF: Fully synthetic ATF designed to satisfy the requirements of Dexron II. Superior stability allows high-temp operation without varnishing valves and clutchs. Also provides improved shifting in cold weather.

Racing ATF: Synthetic ATF for automatic and manual transmissions which need the positive shift of a TYPE-F ATF. This ATF contains no slipperiness additives, producing faster shifts and quicker lockup. A higher viscosity at high temps provide greater efficiency and provides better wear protection than other ATFs.

Thanks alot
Ernie
93 GT 351 to 393 stroker, GT40 upper and lower intake, GT40X Turbo Swirl heads, holley 80mm throttle body, 255 fuel pump, 42 lb injector, JE pistons, Comp cam, comp lifters, comp pushrods, comp springs, crane Roller rockers. Trick flow Crank Shaft, comp Timing chain. MSD 7 series ignition, msd hvc2 coil, MSD timing adjust, MSD Pro billet Dis, Hooker long tube, Off road H pipe 1 chanber race flows, 4.10 gears, Vortech cooler and T-Trim with a 25lb boost AND LOTS MORE.
eeh1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 07:46 PM   #2
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

I would think it has to satisfy the requirements of Dextron Mercon III and not Type F (which was for the older trannies like the the C4) so I'd go with the D4 ATF.
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote