MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-22-2002, 01:07 AM   #1
50DAVIDLX

Default more HP!!!

it seems like i have got most of the basic mods so for and i'm looking to go for some mods like heads RR's or a throtle body but i have no clue on what ones to put in and how much HP it is going to give? can you guys try and help me out with some of these Q's please

1. what kind of heads? how much $, HP, and labor?

2. roller rockers is 1.6 good and are they easy to install. (my dad is a good mechanic) so if it wont take to much time then my dad will go for that.

3. may be a Throtle body but what size and kind?

Thanks for any help,
Dave
Old 05-22-2002, 01:57 AM   #2
sn95gt19
motors done......woohooo

just about all decent aluminum heads are going to run you about a grand, i would suggest the trick flow r heads, and the trick flow track heat intake, another suggestion is dump that b303 cam, i had the same cam in my 89lx and it was horrible, go with a afm cam or a steeda one, i think trick flow or the holley systemax kit would be the best for you considering they are matched together, and both have proven to give decent hp numbers.

95gt lazer red (98 cobra clone)
Rice Haters Club Member #116
sn95gt19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2002, 07:10 AM   #3
Jeff Chambers

Trick Flow R heads on a basically stock motor? I think not. I'll agree with one of the AFM cams, but the Steedas are pure junk IMHO. Personally I'd rather go with a custom cam from someone like Cam Motion or FTI (Ed Curtis). There's plenty more performance in a custom grind for only about $100 more. In terms of heads, you've got to look at what you plan on doing with the car. AFR 165 or Brodix 5.0 are great heads for the 306. GT-40P's offer fantastic performance in a cast iron as do the Windsor Jr's.
CRT Performance
2001 Tropic Green Mustang GT - 12.181 / 113.2 MPH
2002 Ford F-250 Crew Cab 7.3l Power Stroke - 17.41@77.2

"There's nothing boring about a small block automatic shifting gears at 9400 rpm!"
Jeff Chambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2002, 10:49 AM   #4
sn95gt19
motors done......woohooo

i said trick flow r's because just about everyone with a stang, looks to upgrade more in the future, and i dont know of anyone who would want to go back and buy a better set of heads down the road, i say if your going to do it do it right the first time. i havent really heard anything bad about the steeda cams, but i havent personally experianced them so ill take your word for it. i also have a question for you WHO IS ED CURTIS i have been hearing a lot about that person, just curious.

95gt lazer red (98 cobra clone)
Rice Haters Club Member #116
sn95gt19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2002, 08:11 PM   #5
gtsr515
Registered Member

R heads are a whole different ball game that your not on the roster yet, no flames, but think smaller