View Single Post
Old 03-11-2002, 12:52 AM   #3
DZEE'S LX
Registered Member

It's really gonna piss me off if it is a lifter. My stock ones looked fine when I took them out but I decided to put new ones (FMS) in just to be on the safe side.

I have 1.7 pedestal mount Crane Energizer rockers. They were fairly straight forward to install. They all used the same thickness shim. I tightened the mounting bolt until zero lash, and then went "about" another 1/2 turn to get to the 22 ft-lb torque. The instructions say between 1/4 and a full turn gets you the correct lifter preload. I know I double checked the torque on the bolts but now I have to start wondering.....

The noise goes away right off of idle, like above 900 or so, and it stays gone while up there. It returns as soon as the idle returns to the lowest rpm, especially while the cam does its little bounces and then it idles steady..... with the noise.

I've been searching other posts. Someone mentioned degreeing the cam. Was I supposed to do that or was it okay to go straight up at the "O" position?

Someone else mentioned a popping in the exhaust. The replies talked alot about fuel pressure. Mine is still at about 38 psi. I was planning on bumping it up to 45. Wonder if that could make a difference.

Hope I can figure this out by tomarrow.

Thanks,

Dan
Spec Service (UHP), BFG G-Force KDW's, Turbo Coupe 3.55 rear w/disks, 73mm calipers, Stg 1 Twisted Wedges, TFS Street Intake, 70mm TB, E cam, Crane 1.7's, Aeromotive FPR, BBK 1 5/8 shorties, elec fan, FMS Al Radiator, Moroso Wires, Kenne Bell Ramair, March pulleys, Race Magnums, 190 lph Walbro, FMS Al Dshaft, D/S loop, MM 4point rollbar, FMS C spngs, strut tower brace, Tokico Illuminas, Prothane bushings, MM Lwr Conrol Arms, KB welded subs, Cervini Mach 1 hood/valence/side skirts/wing/airdam.
DZEE'S LX is offline   Reply With Quote