MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-12-2001, 01:48 PM   #1
Stang Runner
Registered Member

Default The Motor Runnning and then...........Tranny

Well I have the Stang Running go for a test drive running ok need too fix the Fuel stuff Running Very rich ooowell for now it is ok I tryed to G-tech it Tracks closed here did 4 0-60MPH Best before the new stuff was 5.62 And I went out and rip off 3 8.3-9 0-60MPH VERY BAD The Tires just melt all the way thew 1 2 and a good part of 3. I try to take it slow and I riped off a 6.68 Much better And hit 3d and NOT A THING only Grinding sounds!!!!!! The tranny was all new as of Last year After I Blew R out on the Last one I get the Better t-5z (HEHE) I think the gear is all striped out now But How could it because of the stock shifter??? I have steel mount on it They Are coming off now And I will After I get some more $$$ I will Rip the Tranny out and look at it Maybe the Syncro it messed up on it I Hate Wimpy T-5's What do you guys think of a TKO, How much HP will it be good to..... I have Alot more planed for the Car a new short and a Turbo is all goes well the next 3-4 years alot may happen.....But would like to try So If I do that I need a Tranny that Can Take abit about 700-900Hp around there Might be long Now that the Tranny is gone I need a lot more Parts I know for that kind of HP but one thing at a time....
I realy Should not Have Broke it the Car Cant Have More than 360hp now Was it a Freak thing was it because of the steel mounts or the stock Shift on it I did not power shift it (Hold the gas down why I shift but it was at about 6350 or so.
Engine: steel mounts, Under drive pulleys, K&N, GT-40 Intake ported Lower, No power steering, No A/C, Mac cold intake, 65MM TB, 255 Fuel pump, 24's, AFR 165 58cc, Rocker Arms 1.7with the stock Cam, 1 5/8 short headers, offRoad X-pipe
Drive Train: 3.55, T-5 with a Pro 5.0 shifter
12.656@107.71MPH See It at www.T-racing.com/mustang.htm
Stang Runner is offline   Reply With Quote