MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-18-2000, 12:54 AM   #1
thebean311
Registered Member

Post Year 2000 Mustang GT Mods

I'm a newbie, and I'd love to get your guys' opinions on this matter! I'm thinking of buying a new 2000 mustang GT in about a month or so, and I am wanting to put some aftermarket mods on it. Specifically, I would want a new exhaust for sure. Which aftermarket exhaust systems would you guys recommend, and are there any other easy do-it-yourself modifications that I should look into? Are exhaust systems easy to install? I want my car to be louder of course, but I'd also like a performance boost. Any replies are greatly appreciated!

Ben
thebean311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2000, 07:56 AM   #2
GT4U2NV
Registered Member

There is always the Force 2 Exhaust system from Flowmaster. I haven't done it yet myself but I am leaning that way. If you want loud you might want to think about the American Thunder package. If you get a convertible I would definately suggest Subframes and a Strut Tower Brace to stiffen everyting up. I plan on getting the Kenny Brown Extreme Sub Frame set myself. http://www.flowmastermuffler.com/ http://www.kennybrown.com/

------------------
2000 Mustang GT Convertible
Spring Feature Special Edition
Black/Black/Charcoal
Bone Stock
GT4U2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2000, 07:58 AM   #3
Ripper
Registered Member

Smile

If you buy a catback system, you'll increase the exhaust sound but the hp increase will be minimal. Most guys on this board seem to go with a Flowmaster or dynomax system. I'm personally going to get a X-pipe with hi-flo cats (Bassani X). I should be able to buy it in the next month or two. I would also tell you to get a K&N filter or look at some cold air induction systems. Some other mods to consider are 3.73 gears, pulleys, throttle body, mass air meter, and don't forget to brace your car. You can buy a strut tower brace and subframe connectors (weld-in). The gears and subframes are things that should be installed by a professional. All the other stuff you can handle depending on tools and how mechanically inclined you are.
Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2000, 08:58 AM   #4
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Cool

Welcome to Mod Madness!

As far as the exhaust on the new modulars go, a catback will do nothing for your performance, but it will change the sound.
An X-pipe with cats will boost your HP a bit, but to be honest there are better first mods to do than exhaust....
3.73 gears and a good shifter (if manual) will make the most use of the horses you already have.
Some pulleys and a K&N are also some good low-cost mods that help a bit.
The above are usually the best first modifications, and Ripper has a good list too.
Hope this helps...

------------------
98 GT
Bassani X-pipe, Dyno-Max Cat backs, 3.73 gears, Steeda shifter, FMS pullies, 87mm MAF, Roush cold air kit, Eibach springs, and Zex 75 shot
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote