MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-20-2002, 02:05 PM   #1
ricekilla
Registered Member

Default my car falls flat! i raise my glass to the dude that can figure this one out!

its crazy! my car falls on its *** only at carlsbad! maybe cuz its at sea level? i am running 30 lb injectors, 190 lph penis pump, 9 lb procharger, and a vortech fmu. its frickin ridiculous! it'll pull hard through first gear but as soon as i hit second it falls on its *** and quits revving, yeah, it wont pull after 2500! and the crazy thing is that it ONLY DOES IT AT FRICKIN CARLSBAD! on the street it never does it! i was thinking that maybe the blower is blowing out my spark? or maybe me fmu is fubar? what the fock! its almost like my car refuses to run at carlsbad! maybe the 30 lb injectors are too big? they shouldnt be. my buddy said the computer might be going south. i doubt it though. WHAT WOULD YOU DO? i am stumped. other than that my car runs great. any sugestions, educated guesses or ideas would be great. later

o yea and for the dudes from the east coast and midwest... carlsbad is our local track.
89 GT, 3.55's, longtubes, pro chamber, flowpath dumps, mac uppers and lowers+ pinion snubber, underdrive pullies, 70mm t-body, 190 lph penis pump, mildly home ported E7'S by the kid hisself, nitto drag radials..... 13.4 @ 106......... on nitto drag raidials. spinning like gangbusters......

chevy silverado w/ a full works suzuki RM 250 and a full works honda fourtrax 250R (girlfriends bike) in the back, moto x'in it up bro!
ricekilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2002, 02:31 PM   #2
drudis

Can you even rev (not full throttle) to 4-5K in any gear?
Is it ONLY under WOT?
Do you have an MSD ignition?

Two thing, either not enough ignition (spark gap/MSD...). Or fuel starvation. My money is on the ignition. Try regapping the plugs to .035 and get an aftermarket ignition.
http://www.dariusrudis.com
drudis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2002, 02:56 PM   #3
sn95gt19
motors done......woohooo

JUST A SUGGESTION BUT, I KNOW ABOUT 5 PEOPLE WHO'S MASS AIR SENSORS HAVE GONE BAD(I HAVE HAD 2 GO BAD MYSELF) AND WHEN THIS HAPPENS THE CAR WONT REV FOR ANYTHING, MAYBE THE SEA LEVEL THING IS MESSING W/YOUR COMPUTER AND THE MASS AIR IS MESSING UP. I JUST PICKED UP THE P.M.S PROGRAMMABLE COMPUTER FROM AFM, BEST $750.00 I HAVE EVER SPENT, BEFORE GETTING THAT THE CAR WOULD BARELY RUN, NOW IT PURRS LIKE A MUSTANG SHOULD

95gt lazer red (98 cobra clone)
Rice Haters Club Member #116
sn95gt19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2002, 05:42 PM   #4
ricekilla
Registered Member

i am sure i'm running enough fuel system. 190 lph and 30 lb injectors should support 450+ horsepower the gap was at 35 or 40 and the ignition system is in good shape. no it wont rev out in any gear and it only does it at the track, not on the street. go figure. it feels like a bog. i've spent hours checking shiz over and everything checks out okay, stage, light goes green, first gear, second then, BOG! the only thing that i can logically think of that i havent checked is that the boost is blowing out my spark. the ignition system is in really good shape though. my buddy swears up and down that its the computer not letting it rev. the crazy part is that it only does it at the track! i didnt really think of it before but now that you mention it, it does seem like it only does it at WOT.
89 GT, 3.55's, longtubes, pro chamber, flowpath dumps, mac uppers and lowers+ pinion snubber, underdrive pullies, 70mm t-body, 190 lph penis pump, mildly home ported E7'S by the kid hisself, nitto drag radials..... 13.4 @ 106......... on nitto drag raidials. spinning like gangbusters......

chevy silverado w/ a full works suzuki RM 250 and a full works honda fourtrax 250R (girlfriends bike) in the back, moto x'in it up bro!

Last edited by ricekilla; 05-20-2002 at 05:52 PM..
Old 05-20-2002, 06:45 PM   #5
sn95gt19
motors done......woohooo

only at wide open throttle, thats exactly what my 95gt did with a bad mass air sensor. it also could be your TPS though cause the tps and the mass air work together, and if the tps is out of adjustment it will mess with the mass air. check your tps and if you can find someone with a 30# mass air that will let you borrow it try swapping them and see what happens, let us know how it goes. good luck

Old 05-21-2002, 02:03 PM   #6
ricekilla
Registered Member

i've already checked the tps. what do you mean by bad mass air? i got a 80mm C&L. what could go bad on a mass air besides the connector? the mass air has nothing to do with the factory connector. the sampling tube couldnt go bad. you lost me on that one bro.

Old 05-21-2002, 03:04 PM   #7
sn95gt19
motors done......woohooo

the actual sensor goes bad sometimes, it has a heated element in it and when the air passes by it, it cools it and sends a voltage reading to the computer. if you dont know what im talking about, its the black sensor on top of your mass air, with the two elements sticking out on the bottom side. they go bad (often in my case) i think there's a way you can check it with a voltage meter but im not sure how to do that.