MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-18-2001, 07:10 PM   #1
91evilstang
Registered Member

Angry MY CAR SUCKS (oil)

Okay I have 1.6 svo roller rockers under stock valve covers wich nessitates the removal of the baffel plate.Now when I down shift and the vacuum climbs the vacuum hose from the t/b to the oil filler tube sucks oil into my intake,Big time.I have oil laying in my throttle body all the time and when i do the downshifting smoke billows from the exhaust(very embarassing).basicaly I was wondering if any body had an alternative that would still allow proper crank case ventalation.

------------------
91GT Flowmaster 2 chambers,off road H pipe,mac equalength headers,F303 cam,high lift valve springs ,svo 1.6 roller rockers,14*timing,410's,BBK cold air kit,hurst shifter.Ran 13.5@101 with stock headers and air box.
91evilstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2001, 12:53 AM   #2
smokedchevy
Registered Member

I put a supercharger on my car and all I did was cap off the throttle body and put a breather on the valve cover. Summit also makes a crankcase evacuation kit for around $40. Basically you run breathers from the valve covers to the hedders where a tube is welded in. The exhaust gases creates a venturi and sucks out pressure through the valve covers. This is usually only done on race cars. I put one on a 60's stang and it worked well. I doubt it's smog legal though.
smokedchevy is offline   Reply With Quote