MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-18-2002, 09:18 AM   #1
Green9550
Resident Redneck

Talking new engine combo

Well, after a long and expencive 2 weeks I got my car done. There were a lot of little things that I didn't think about having to deal with. For example, I have 1.72 rockers and I thought that you could use a hammer on the stock valve covers to make them fit, that wasn't happening. So I had to go out and buy taller valve covers. Well, since I have taller valve covers I needed a 1" spacer. I still had small problems with upper intake clearance, throttle body and EGR hit the valve cover, so I trimmed them down to fit. Just little things like that made the whole ordeal take twice as long as it should have. But, it was al worth it. The car is awesome. I only had one night to take it to the track so that kinda sucked because it was so crowded that I only got 4 runs and not enough tunning time. Oh well, it was still a blast. I wasn't expecting much the first time because it was impossible to launch on the street, so I knew it would be hard on the track. I did a short dry burn on my worn out street tires and staged. I power breaked to about 1100 maybe 1200 rpms and was just going to let her roll out and then get on her. Well, when the lights went down I let off the break and gave her some gas and she hooked so I gave it all all it had she REALLY hooked, I couldn't believe it. I have never felt that much traction off the line before, EVER. I need a chip very bad though, as soon as I went through the traps I hit my rev. limiter, 5500. I was really happy with my first pass, my first 13 second pass, very exciting. Well the run turned out like this:

R/t: .775
60': 1.893
1/8: 8.400
MPH: 83.02
1/4: 13.075
MPH: 106.07

I still can't believe my 60' time, it is almost hard to imagine. The other 3 runs blew. The second run I had no traction at all. It ended with 14.332 @ 104.94. The thrid run wasn't much better, 14.069 @ 102.78. The forth run we changed fuel pressure and timming to see if that would help, ended with a horrible 14.218 @ 99.52. The last run I had to get out of it because it started to detonate. The guy that helped me build that car knows that it has a lot more in it, he thinks it should go 110 with a good tune. That would be cool, but I don't know if we can get 110 out of my heavy car. We are also starting to think that the 24# injectors are almost maxed out, he thinks I should go with 30's. I will probably do that and then get a tune. I get a break from school in 2 weeks for easter so I am going to buy some sub frames and some ET Streets and see how it does.

Well, I thought I would just tell you guys about my combo. I can't wait to break into 12's with street tires though. I got some pics of the engine and I got videos of my car but I don't know how to get them on to my computer. I will try though. Well, take it easy. I hope to have some better numbers in two weeks.

-Billy
95' GT: 306, XL Ross Pistons, Ultra Lite H-beam Rods, Forged Scat Crank, 28oz Romac, 28oz JW flexplate, FTI ported RPM II intake, FTI ported AFR 165's, FTI custom cam, 75mm BBK Throttle body, 80mm Pro-M, 4800 PI stall, PA Super Comp AODE, Strange 33 spline race axles, Strange ultra lite spool, Motive lite 4.30's, Strange rear race brakes, Mega bite seniors, double adjustable uppers w/spherical bushings, Racecraft anti-roll bar, LPW rear end girdle, Metco d/s loop, A9L conversion, AFM PMS
Green9550 is offline   Reply With Quote