MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-15-2001, 03:39 PM   #1
MrClean
Registered Member

Arrow My gear experience

The 3.73's are finally in. It was un-nerving at first. For some reason the splines on the pinion gear was not cut correctly. (Ford Gears) The mechanic had a hell of a time getting it to work. The rebuild kit I purchased was Richmond and didn't have the right spacers wich made it a waste of money according to the mechanic.
Anyhow, they are in. I notice a difference but not to the degree I thought I would. I went from 3.27 to 3.73.

I think that frame stiffening and traction bars are next as I have mentioned. I feel that to make the car go any faster will require much more money. As I have said, it is a daily driver too. I am trying to be realistic too. Still not sure about under drive yet. Too much to worry about.

Some people mentioned that the 70mm TB is to large. Should I go back to the stock ? To retain the 70mm TB do I need to change heads with the intake or can I just add a new intake? Can I install it myself? I know I can't do heads but I feel I could do an intake.

Peace and strength friends.

------------------
86 GT - BBK Equal shorties, BBK H-pipe, Flowmasters, 70mm Tb, BBK cold air intake. Automatic.3.73's 96k miles.
MrClean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2001, 03:31 PM   #2
John
Registered Member

Dont be to scaired of the head swap they are pretty easy ( 10 bolts per head and some gaskets), your gonna have the intake off anyway so do them them. I try not to do anything twice. I have a 70mm in my car and have no probs w/ torque, i dont have a new timeslip since doing the cam, intake, and porting my stockers but my buddy has one on his 88 gt and has run a best of 8.0 1/8th on slicks. John

------------------
89 Notch: ASP Pullies,
K&N Air,Transgo shiftkit,Trans. cooler,FMS 3 core , FMS 4:10's, 1.5" cowl, cold air kit, hooker shorties(jet hot coated), O/R H-Pipe, ASP solid mounts, Energy Sus. Trans. Mnt. BBK 70mm TB, MSD 6al, Dual elec. fans, 5.0 Firepower Kit, Scorpion 1.6 RR's, Flowmasters, 73 mm MAF, cobra intake and crower #512 cam,

[This message has been edited by John (edited 09-16-2001).]
John is offline   Reply With Quote