MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-29-2002, 02:09 AM   #1
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Unhappy my motor on my ps/window is crapping out!:(

WWWWWWAHHHHHHHHH..........
WELL, I think its from Caitlin slamming my door too damn hard, but my motor in my pass. side for my window started sounding funny about a week ago...NOW I have to push on the window from the inside to get it to go all the way up and now IT DOES NOT SEAL RIGHT! Its been raining like a mfkr here for a week, and is only getting worse...the window now leaks....
Okay, WHO fixes this....is this something I can call my body guy on? I CANNOT be w/out my window functions...YES the top is USUALLY DOWN, BUT THE WEATHER HERE HAS SUCKED, and I'm afraid the next time I try to shove the window up, it wont go anymore! I still need to get quotes on the replacement of the top, but I feel like NOW THIS IS A NECCESSITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DAMMIT.........HOW MUCH $$$$$$$$$ AM I LOOKING AT AND HOW HARD IS THIS TO FIX? And how long can I expect to be w/out my car??????????????????????? H-E-L-P-

TNT

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 08:50 AM   #2
1984 GT
Registered Member

My experience with my 1984. The motor will run you about $70.00, it's a pain to replace, but not too bad. On my car you remove the inside door panel and then cuss the access.
1984 GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 10:40 PM   #3
stephen
Registered Member

Default WINDOW

I can help you out in hobby area don't have exact price right now if interested call me Roy 713-654-1198
stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 01:56 PM   #4
Agent_4573
Registered Member

new from ford i think window motors run 130 bucks. It takes about an hour or two to replace cuz you have to take the door panel off and then try to get in there without breaking the glass.
'89 LX 5.0, off-road h pipe, flowmaster muffs, underdrive pulleys, rebuilt WC T-5, King Cobra Clutch, 65mm throttle body, Explorer Upper/GT40 lower, Lakewood Rear Lift Bars. 76mm C&L Mass air w/ inlet pipe, Twisted wedge heads w/ stage 2 port,polish, MAC equal length shorties, Billet AFPR, 255LPH fuel pump, fresh low end w/ 10.5:1 compression.

If anyone ever wants to go to Raceway Park in Englishtown New Jersey, give me a shout.

RICER HATERS CLUB MEMBER 87!
www.ricehatersclub.com
Agent_4573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 11:56 AM   #5
saltzstang
Registered Member

may not be the motor. ford have a problem in the gear box on those motors(such a problem that parts houses sell a gear kit 20-45$$) ive replaced a score of these when i worked at a car dealer a couple years ago. the dowels in the box are designed to give when put in complete bind and after repeated binds(window at top of extent and delayed button release) the dowels will disintegrate and the motor wil make funny sounds. if you need futher advice e-mail me at saltzstang@msn.com. I'm in Orange texas.
AFR 1492 heads,Track Heat Intake, d.s.s super pro bullet 331, lakewood bell, king cobra, 3550 ,UPR shifter, aluminum shaft, 4.10, 31-spline, spool,hoosier27x10, moroso ds-2, 175-juice, egt...11.40 on motor spray pass coming.
saltzstang is offline   Reply With Quote