Thread: ported e7's?
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2004, 12:29 AM   #5
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

http://www.cmc.net/~xero/Mousesporting.html

Check out the above link and read at it at your leasure. It's got a lot of valueable info. Basicly you want to remove the emisson bump in the exhaust port, take off some of the material around the pushrod on the intake port, and work the vavle guides.

The e-303 cam will work pretty well with ported stock heads. Port the intake too while your in there.

Have you already bought the E-303 cam? If not I would advise aginst it and suggest instead you go with a TFS #1 cam. The e-303 is a tollerable cam and performs fairly well, but it's out-dated and often seems to cause a idle problems.

Quote:
Originally posted by 82 GT
Yes, it's been proven the E7 heads can be made to make to make lots of power. I forget the name of the website but (maybe someone here can help me out with that) but they are called "Thumper heads" and this guy ports & polishes your E7 heads and does optional other things with them and thses heads are supposed to really make power.
While it IS true that Thumper heads, Power heads, etc DO perform well for what they are (stock heads) the price puts them out of the question IMO. Power Heads are like $650 bucks for CNC ported stock castings. If you hit up the "For Sale" forums on some stang boards you can find used aluminum heads for around that much money, that flow much better.

Hell, Drew (FiveOhPatrol) picked up a set of BRAND NEW Pro Topline 200cc aluminum heads for $800 bucks from Summit (they were on clearance)

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote