MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-16-2002, 09:16 PM   #1
Mike Souslin
Registered Member

Unhappy My Norwalk Nitrous results - time to rebuild the rear end!

Unfortunately my differential gave up on me this weekend for the True Street event at Norwalk. With a one tire fire I managed a 13.006 at 115 mph spraying my ZEX kit in 3rd and 4th gear. When we got back to the pits, the rear passenger side of my car was covered with rubber and the drivers side was squeaky clean. Of course my 60' really suffered as well with one tire turning to the tune of a neck snapping 2.216. I really wanted to see what the car had in her but now it is time to upgrade! I'm going to start with the rear of the car and work my way forward. I'm going with 31 spline axles, new differential, putting on my SSM traction bars and will get new upper control arms as well. Then the Tremec, clutch and bellhousing. Any suggestions on which axles and differential to go with? I'm thinking of the Moser or Superior axles and an Auburn differential. What do you guys like?
91 Coupe with fresh rebuild. Running Stage 2 Avenger heads (51cc chambers), Stage 2 cam (.549, .566)1.72 Crane Gold Race rockers, Port matched GT-40 upper & lower, 75mm Bullet MAF, 65mm Accufab TB, MSD 6AL, Long Tubes through off road and 2 chamber flowbastards. Stock T-5, 3.73 gears, Center Line Convo-Pros with skinnies up front. My baby is now bottle fed!!! Best time on the motor was 12.92 at 109.57.

UPDATE - Getting Ready to install: Tremec 3550, Blowproof Bellhousing, Strange Shocks/Struts, Moroso Springs, Upper/Lower control Arms, 31 spline axles and new differential. After this..... 347 heart transplant and Rollcage.
Mike Souslin is offline   Reply With Quote