MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-16-2002, 07:45 PM   #1
keakua
Registered Member

Default Need fuel rail help

finally got everything put together, oil prepped the rebuilt motor, put gas in the tank, charged the battery and all I needed to do was drop in the distributor before cranking it up after 11 months in the garage. but... just added Aeromotive fuel rails and there is no way in hell that the distributor is going to be forced into place with those things digging into it let alone move at all to adjust timing. similar problems? solutions? advice?
88 Conv Vortech S-trim 2.5" 10-rib pulley, 332 stroker w/ Cat forged crank, forged JE flat-tops, forged rods, 10.25:1 comp, DSS girdle, edelbrock heads, Omega valvetrain, Lunati custom cam, extrude honed Cobra intake, 70mm T-body, Pro-M 77, bypass valve, dual Walbro 255 lph in tank pumps, an -8 fuel hose, aeromotive fuel rails/regulater. 42# inj, MSD ingniton/boost retard, JBA headers, flowmasters, full Griggs GR-40R suspension (K-member, torque arm, panhard bar, subframes, strut brace) Centerforce clutch, Tremec, Auburn posi locker, moser axles, Baer brakes/rotors, 17" cobra R wheels, custom body/roll bar
keakua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2002, 06:55 AM   #2
WADS56
gear banger

Did you use the spacers for the drivers side rail? You need them.
Do you have any -AN fittings on the front of the drivers side rail? If so find another way to to install the fuel lines, it will not fit unless you notch the distrubuter.
Wade
Ricer hater's club member #49
WADS56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 03:57 PM   #3
keakua
Registered Member

yea, i used the spacers on the drivers side rail and i have it plugged with the plug that came with the rail, but its still not fitting in. i even took out the screws to move the rail out farther, but the injectors are at enough of an angle to leak going into the intake.
88 Conv Vortech S-trim 2.5" 10-rib pulley, 332 stroker w/ Cat forged crank, forged JE flat-tops, forged rods, 10.25:1 comp, DSS girdle, edelbrock heads, Omega valvetrain, Lunati custom cam, extrude honed Cobra intake, 70mm T-body, Pro-M 77, bypass valve, dual Walbro 255 lph in tank pumps, an -8 fuel hose, aeromotive fuel rails/regulater. 42# inj, MSD ingniton/boost retard, JBA headers, flowmasters, full Griggs GR-40R suspension (K-member, torque arm, panhard bar, subframes, strut brace) Centerforce clutch, Tremec, Auburn posi locker, moser axles, Baer brakes/rotors, 17" cobra R wheels, custom body/roll bar
keakua is offline   Reply With Quote