MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-07-2002, 11:03 AM   #1
LetsGo
Registered Member

Question Need help

For the last few week I have been changing out the eng of my 85 into a 91. Yesterday I finished with all the hook ups. I started it up and it ran okay but today I went to go start it and it did not run it just turned. I checked all of the wires to the ignition box which is a crane cams fireball hi-6. The eng is carburated, it turns over but will not run. Does anyone have any clues or suggestion of what the problem maybe. My next step is to change the coil but I would like to know if I'm heading in the right direction. I'm lost and need help.
LetsGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 12:28 PM   #2
Agent_4573
Registered Member

I would first start with the simpler stuff. You said you checked the ignition for spark so you have that component, that leaves you with air and fuel. Did you check to make sure the fuel pump is still up and running. If you only ran it for a few minutes yesterday you could have burned the fuel in the lines without the pump actually running. After that, check and make sure some dirt didn't clog up your carb. Check the jets and make sure there still clean. Then move on to the coil and other components.
'89 LX 5.0, off-road h pipe, flowmaster muffs, underdrive pulleys, rebuilt WC T-5, King Cobra Clutch, 65mm throttle body, Explorer Upper/GT40 lower, Lakewood Rear Lift Bars. 76mm C&L Mass air w/ inlet pipe, Twisted wedge heads w/ stage 2 port,polish, MAC equal length shorties, Billet AFPR, 255LPH fuel pump, fresh low end w/ 10.5:1 compression.

If anyone ever wants to go to Raceway Park in Englishtown New Jersey, give me a shout.

RICER HATERS CLUB MEMBER 87!
www.ricehatersclub.com
Agent_4573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2002, 01:32 AM   #3
LetsGo
Registered Member

Question still needing help

I check and changed the wires to make sure everything was conneted. It stilled turn over put will not start. I pulled out the installation manual for the ignition box and it refered to the coil connection and the distribitur wire to make sure that they are not touching. I did that and nothing yet. I took the battary to the shop to get it recharged becuse it was drained. Also the led light on the ignition box did not come on could there be something wrong with the box itself. If so do anyone know how to check it to find out if it is bad.
LetsGo is offline   Reply With Quote