View Single Post
Old 01-02-2001, 11:48 AM   #19
MercDude
Registered Member

Ok... here's the biggest question that will dictate where and how you are going to build the 351W. What do you want? Do you want a car with super sluggish low end, but bada$$ mid-upper rpm power? Do you want all round bada$$ness? Do you want a torquer? Are you going to race on street? Is that primarily where you like to race? Do you want to stomp chevy arse stoplight to stoplight?? Are you REALLY serious about racing? Do you want the car for weekends or are you going to drive it to work once and a while? The answers to these questions will dictate what type of heads/cam/intake/gears/trans you will want. Just write back and i'll give you my Honest to God opinion on the whole thing... I might not be the most experienced racer among this place, but i have a pretty damn good idea what it takes to make a carbed engine run STRONG and still make 17mpg in the city... just take a look at my sig.

------------------
'63 Merc Meteor hardtop, warm 302, C4 auto, 2.25" Flowmaster Exhaust,
'65 289 heads - ported/chevy valves, performer cam, edelbrock f4a intake, full length hookers, 600 holley, roller rockers, k'n, 10.5:1 hyperutetic pistons... mid 13's hoping to reach into 12's
MercDude is offline   Reply With Quote