MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-29-2002, 10:06 PM   #1
countmackula
Registered Member

Default need help with a door problem

My driver side door doesnt want to open anymore. Did anyone have this problem also? How can I fix it since I cant open the door to take off the door panel and trim? Is it possible to take off the panel when to door is closed? Help; I cant climb in and out of the car through passenger side all spring and summer. Thanks
countmackula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2002, 08:17 AM   #2
Old Guy with 87 GT
Registered Member

it would be difficult to get panel off with door closed, but I believe it can be done.
See if you can find or make up a 90 or 100 degree pry bar to get the pop clips loose at the bottom of the panel. The pop clips would be the hardest part to get loose with the door closed; you might have to use a little ingenuity and fabricate the right tool to get those pop clips without ripping them loose.

Another suggestion: if it's just that something is stuck due to age and lack of lubricant you may be able to get some WD-40 down in there through the top with the little red straw that comes with the spray bottle. Stick the straw down there and point it torward where the components are in the door; spray some oil down there...it might free something up enough to get the door open.

Hopefully I helped a bit.

Good Luck
87 Mustang GT T-top >hanlon t-5, pro 5.0, centerforce clutch ,adj. cable/quatrant ,3.27s ,full 2 1/2 ex(off road H) adj. reg. ,e-cam ,70mm TB, cobra intake ,1.7rr ,ported/milled e7ets w/crane springs ,306 balaced/decked short block w/speed pro forged flat top pistons ...257rwhp/302rwt
best et 13.7@102 (4/11 )

'80 Capri (future project,currently collecting parts for 351 moter)
Old Guy with 87 GT is offline   Reply With Quote