MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-07-2009, 03:38 PM   #1
joegti20022
Registered Member

Default need help will not idle

hi there can any one help me I have a 1988 5.0 gt convertible my car will not idle if I give it gas it will stall out and if I give it less gas it will stay idle and if I take my foot off the gas it will stall out and want idle I don,t no what it could be could any one help me thanks for your time thank you
joegti20022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 07:59 PM   #2
meknized
fox fanatic

Default Re: need help will not idle

Quote:
Originally Posted by joegti20022 View Post
hi there can any one help me I have a 1988 5.0 gt convertible my car will not idle if I give it gas it will stall out and if I give it less gas it will stay idle and if I take my foot off the gas it will stall out and want idle I don,t no what it could be could any one help me thanks for your time thank you
First thing I would do is take off the Idle bypass selonoid located on the throttle body and clean it out. Alot of times you will find carbon build up and gunk in there that does not allow the plunger to move smoothly. Take it off and spray heavy doses of carb cleaner in the holes.

Another thing I would look for is a broken vacuum line. Those plastic lines that run behind the intake manifold can get brittle and break. If you find a broken line you can get small 1/8 vacuum hose from a auto parts store to splice the line.

A faulty EGR and or MAP sensor can also cause the issues you describe.

Blue/silver 89 GT, Coast 331, ported GT-40x heads, X cam, cobra intake, 70mm TB, 75mm bullet, mac intake, 24lb inj, 255 lph fuel pump, accufab regulator, pulleys, MSD coil, 6AL, 300+ wires, Tremec 5 spd. pro 5.0 shifter, FMS drive shaft, headers, X-pipe, flowmasters, auburn pro series posi. moser 31s axles,3:73s, etc. Best ET 12.02@112.5
a pic A vid of a run:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9JMcErxML8
meknized is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: