MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-24-2002, 08:17 PM   #1
Tiberious00
Registered Member

Default Need input on mods??

I miss my '99 Cobra! Now have a '01 3.8 v6 Convertible. I am looking to do some mods to my '01 to boost the HP. Tell me if I am wrong or crazy, but I am thinking of:

1. Putting a supercharger kit (brand not decided yet, but thinking of the Procharger line) on it.
2. New exhaust( any suggestions )
3. New pulley's( any suggestions )

Along with these I want to know what else I need to adjust or modify? Please be frank as to what you think, all opinions are welcome.

I am also looking for referals to a couple of solid and trustworthy mod shops that can handle all the things that I cannot do myself. I would like to find them near Lansing/Jackson/Detroit Michigan. I currently live near Lansing but will be moving toward the Metro Dtroit area shortly.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance,

Tib.
Tiberious00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 08:42 PM   #2
speedemn
Registered Member

What happened to the 99 Cobra? Why not buy maybe an older GT and mod that up instead of a V6? Just curious why you didn't follow that path.

As far as shops, I'm sure there are some good ones in MI, but there is a great one in Toronto that I know of. They should be in our custom car show in Toronto this weekend actually, along with numerous other shops.
speedemn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 08:50 PM   #3
Tiberious00
Registered Member

It was a financial thing? Four car payments were killing me! Plus I am a newbie to the mod thing and want to get my feet wet on a smaller car and engine and then I will move on to another Cobra in the future! Thanks for the reply, but I will not be able to make the show this weekend.
Tiberious00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 12:04 AM   #4
Killercanary
Registered Member

Thumbs up

I'll admit I don't know squat about the 3.8's other than the early engines popped head gaskets like crazy!!! I personally think an ATI blown 3.8 would be awesome. I see they are claiming up to 350FWHP, and if you get anywhere near that with a V6 that weighs way less than your cobra did, and even lighter than a GT, that would make for one heck of a street machine!!! I bet the thing could go low 13's with traction. The rear is only a 7.5" unit and may require an upgrade to an 8.8 to handle that kind of power, especially if traction is found via slicks and/or drag radials. Fuel upgrade will be needed too, a swap to bigger injectors and fuel pump will be minimums. Other than this, I don't know. Check out some of the various V6 boards for more info.

1995 NA GT CONVERTIBLE
BEST PASS TO DATE: 12.19 at 112.51
AFR's, FTI cam, edelbrock intake, EEC TUNER and all the bolt ons on the stock shortblock.

http://www.angelfire.com/pa2/killercanary
Killercanary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 09:06 AM   #5
89LXFLEA
Registered Member

check out supersixmotorsports.com
they have all the goods for the 3.8
and 4.2. as far as mods go pulleys
cold air pipe are good for 18.2 rwhp
acording to MAC PERFORMANCE PRO.
headers,h-pipe & cat back can't hurt
either. 3.8 super charged
mustang would be kewl though.

flea
89LX 302 C4 4:10GEAR X CAM,GT40
IRON HEADS,PERFORMER RPM 650
HOLLEY NO STALL YET, GRIFFEN RADIATOR,MAC EQUAL LENGTH SHORTIES,H-PIPE,PRO DUMPS NOW
IT IS A LITTLE FASTER AT 12.94@106.38
RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER # 47
89LXFLEA is offline   Reply With Quote