MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2001, 01:25 PM   #1
SCOTTLT79
Registered Member

Question Need insurance help, very importang guys, please help!!!

hey guys,
I have a huge problem right now and i need some help. A little under a year ago, I was in an accident that wasn't my fault. I got everything fixed and didn't have to pay anything, well, I thought I got everything fixed. I failed inspection for a loose inner tie rod. When I went to get it fixed, they told me that they could easily tell I was in an accident and that the frame may be bent. If the frame is bent, I should have gotten full value at the time of the accident, with it not being my fault and all. Do you guys know if there is anything I can do now? Can I sue the appraisal company for missing that or what? I'm so screwed. Please help.
Scott

------------------
95 Red Mustang GT
Pro 5.0
MAC fenderwall cold air induction kit in my trunk(installing in a couple of days)
Mostly stock(looking to modify)
Old 04-17-2001, 02:54 PM   #2
SCOTTLT79
Registered Member

Angry

comeon guys,
If anyone out there can help me with this please do, I got a strange feeling I'm screwed here and I just don't know what to do.
scott
Old 04-17-2001, 04:26 PM   #3
1mintlx

The body shop and the insurance adjuster both failed to see the bent frame??? Wow....are you sure it was from that accident? You can sue anyone for anything, but I would contact the insurance company first and explain the problem to them and go that route before you spend time/$$$ (although it's not alot) on a small claims lawsuit.

------------------
'90 LX 5.0; 12K original miles (no sh*&); 3.55 gears; pulleys;Edelbrock Performer Heads; BBK shorties; MSD 6AL box w/ blaster 2 coil; Motorsport E303 cam; Pro-M 75mm MAF; BBK 70mm TB; Eibach spring kit; Southside sub-connectors; K&N cone filter charger; Hurst shifter; fiberglass cowl hood; A/C-less; rear seat-less; cat-less; Flomasters; Corbeau racing seats (fronts);
30# injectors; 190 lb fp FPR; TFS Twisted Wedge Intake 12.513 @ 108 mph (Pre-inj/fuelpump/FPR/ intake)

Old 04-17-2001, 09:03 PM   #4
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Scott:

Ex-insurance guy here and I have some suggestions for you.

First, you MUST have a licensed shop inspect the car and be willing to 'put it in writing' that the car has frame damage that was caused by a collision. This is your first step.

Then, contact your insurance company and ask them to reopen the case, based on the inforamtion you are providing (shop estimate of frame damage). If you have the paperwork with the original file # this is a bit easier but not a huge deal.

If the company adjuster missed the damage, all the better, believe it or not, as they are liable.

The insurance company will send an adjuster out to look at the damage and he WILL talk to the shop that provides the opinion/estimate, so be sure they are willing to stand behind what the say, or it's all a waste of time.

You CAN get paid for the damage but you need proof and don't be snotty with the insurance company, just firm. Don't let some telephone rep blow you off and say "We can't do that". Bull. They can reopen a case. Simply ask for a supervisor and explain the situation and go higer if you have to.
If worse comes to worse, contact the state Insurance Commissioner and complain, loudly.
Insurance companies respond to letters of inquiry from the State Insurance Commission, I know. I've done this and it works.

Good luck...and don't get discouraged, just prepare the documents you need and be firm.
Old 04-17-2001, 09:04 PM   #5
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Moved to the Blue Oval Lounge forum.
Closed Thread