MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-27-2002, 04:47 AM   #1
Lag_Factory
Registered Member

Arrow Need mechanic In Arizona...

I just recently moved to Phoenix Arizona... My mustang has a problem and Im having trouble finding a mechanic who's smart enough to figure the problem out. I am looking for an honest mechanic who knows what he's doin in the phoenix area.

Problem: My car dies, (mostly) while driving it in the heat. It drives fine then all of a sudden its power starts to fluxuate on and off The car starts to shake then it dies. It seems to happen most when its hot outside. All of the power still works such as its headlights. After it dies completely it wont start back up for about 2 hours.

My mustang has almost 50k origional miles on it, from what I assume it did not have any matenience done it before I had bought it with the exception of oil changes. If you have any ideas or references of mechanics around Phoenix / Tempe / Chandler / Mesa / or AJ please let me know so I can get in contact with you. If any one has any ideas what the problem might be I would appriciate a response.

Thank you for your time,
Lag Factory
Lag_Factory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 08:39 AM   #2
Dark Knight
Registered Member

have you tried pulling any codes on it? sounds like the ignition module... head over to Azstangs.com... introduce yourself.. and ask away..
13.58@102.84 and a '68 stang .. project 8 sec street car... 557 big block + N20 :-)
http://members.cox.net/darkknight302/68nwrear.jpg
Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 08:42 AM   #3
Dark Knight
Registered Member

if you WANT to take it to someone.. try the purcells on mcclintock and guadalupe...480-491-3673...ask for terry...tell him gary told you to call him :-)
13.58@102.84 and a '68 stang .. project 8 sec street car... 557 big block + N20 :-)
http://members.cox.net/darkknight302/68nwrear.jpg
Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 09:20 AM   #4
5000Man

You may also try calling either http://www.allmustang.com/ East Phoenix or Turbo RX (480) 893-7722 in Chandler.

All Mustang has a great parts lot and they just opened a large shop about 1 year ago. I've purchased parts from them, but have not tried their shop.

Turbo Rx sells new parts and does work. I've also purchased parts from them and had subframe connectors installed there.

Try calling them both. Good luck.