MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-23-2001, 11:31 PM   #1
race1now
Registered Member

Question Need proper TV cable setting (AOD)

I have an '88, with an AOD trans and recently it is not shifting properly into OD. It doesn't want to shift into OD without flooring it and letting completely off the gas at about 55 mph. I originally thought that maybe it was something internal, however, after looking closer at the TV cable, it seems to have to much play.
When the TV cable is hooked to the throttle body, and with the adjustor set all the way to the back, I have .780" from the stop to the spring. When I disconnect the cable and slide the spring and adjustor assembly along the cable, it has .580" play.

1) Does anyone know the proper spacing?

2) Could someone measure the spacing on their TV cable?

3) The Hayes manual talks about setting the pressure to 10 lbs with a spring attached to the arm. Can you explain this further?

4) If it sounds to you like there is too much play in the cable, is there a way to take out the slack?

5) Note: the adjustor, (to increase or decrease the line pressure) is set all the way back. (Back being toward the fire wall) Which should be the maximum pressure setting. Shouldn't I have some space left on it?

If this isn't enough info for a diagnosis, email me your question at SSJ50@aol.com

THANK YOU, STEVE.

------------------
ROADKILL RACING - If it's got wheels, we race it...
race1now is offline   Reply With Quote