MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-11-2001, 10:39 PM   #1
Mad Horse
Registered Member

Question Need quick answers...T5 mounts???

Hey guys.. I need some quick help here before I install the clutch this weekend. I decided to go ahead and replace my trans. mounts and the cross member bushings too. Here's the question: If I get solid motor mounts down the road will I need solid trans. mounts to go with it or can I go with the polyurethane ones?? I know if you get solid trans mounts you are supposed to use solid motor mounts too or you will have leakage....but is it ok to have solid motor mounts with non solid trans. mounts?? What do you guys recommend I do.. I want to order them tonight or tom. so give me some knowledge.

Also should I replace the pilot bearing while I'm at it?? I have 62K miles on the car.
------------------
88GT 5-speed
Mods: Cervinis Ram air hood 3.73 gears, King Cobra clutch, Pro 5.0, March alum. Pullies, DynoMax Cat-back, K&N, 9mm plug wires, PS91 coil, Accel Cap/Rotor, 190lph Fuel pump, 16" Ponies.
"Nip it in the Bud"
My Webpage

[This message has been edited by Mad Horse (edited 04-11-2001).]
Mad Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2001, 04:22 PM   #2
Mad Horse
Registered Member

Well I guess I'll just order them.. I can't wait because I plan on putting th clutch in by Sat.
Mad Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2001, 04:24 PM   #3
gray87GT
Registered Member

People on here have said that it is better to have one of the mounts be rubber. Alot have solid motor mounts and rubber tranny mount.
gray87GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2001, 05:20 PM   #4
RAINSTANG
Registered Member

Whatever type motor mounts you go with, use the same type transmission mount. My understanding is that solid mounts are pretty much for the strip or track only and not much fun on a daily driver. By all means, install a new pilot bearing and replace the stock aluminum bearing retainer with a steel one.
RAINSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2001, 07:51 PM   #5
JP85gt
Registered Member

If one is rubber and one solid i have heard you can screw something up bad input shaft? i dunno id check on it tho. My friend just built his coupe and its solid both mounts and rear end and when he hits a gear it goes its not rubbery lol 1st BAM 2nd BAM 3rd BAM 4th
JP85gt is offline   Reply With Quote