MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-19-2002, 04:43 PM   #1
Chevyguy
Backyard Mechanic/Chemist

Default Need recomend for stock height springs

My brother bolted my set of Pony rims on for me while I was stuck on the couch with a leg infection He noticed the pass side rear spring was split clear through

It has not seperated yet and sits fine, but obviously needs to be replaced. So... I figure on a new set of springs instead of just getting another stocker. This is a daily driver so I dont want to lower the car, but would like to get some more handling.

Any suggestions??? I have a set of Monroe replacment struts up front, and will replace the original quad shocks too. I'm riding on some 245 50/16 Falken Ziex 502's

93 P-71 Vic interceptor Backup car now

90 5.0 LX Notch SOLD

74 Chevy Laguna type S-3 454 under construction
Currently apart undergoing bodywork.
Chevyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2002, 06:53 AM   #2
cyberstang5.0
347ci of HORSE POWER!!!

I like Eibach for aftermarket springs. I have owned 2 sets in my life (2 different stangs). I went the drop route, but you don't have to. They have ones that are stock height, and ones that lower it just a little bit. You can choose between the different spring rates or series. Just make sure you get a set of caster/camber plates if you lower it. You don't want to chew up your tires Also, you might want to get a set of polyurethance bushings while your at it. They really help
cyberstang5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2002, 07:11 AM   #3
Joe50
Registered Member

I just wanted to say that Falken Z-502's really really suck!!! Worst tires i've ever owned!!!

'94 Vibrant Red GT
Joe50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2002, 03:48 PM   #4
Chevyguy
Backyard Mechanic/Chemist

I've only driven a few times on the new tires so far so good! The feedback about the Falkens I could find was similar to the Kumho's strong dislike or strong like. I saved almost $200 vs a set of BFG Gforce tires, and they sure look cool??? They sure seem to hook up better than the BFG Touring T/A's that were on the 10 hole rims when I bought the car!

93 P-71 Vic interceptor Backup car now

90 5.0 LX Notch SOLD

74 Chevy Laguna type S-3 454 under construction
Currently apart undergoing bodywork.
Chevyguy is offline   Reply With Quote