MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-07-2012, 11:01 AM   #1
AdamM
Registered Member

Default Need some advice

Let me explain my situation. I just recently brought home my 93GT. It has been parked at my father in laws house for the past five years and unfortunately has not been touched due to wife, new baby, work...life. For christmas, I told the wife I wanted to bring the car home. It is now here and in much need of some TLC. My plans are to resto/mod the car. I dont need to be the fastest on the street (sure don't want to be the slowest) but on a nice day would like to be able to idle in traffic, have all accessories work (A/C, stereo, etc) and be comfortable for the wife and daughter. Enough of the long winded back story. Car has been sitting for five years. Five year old gas, five year old battery, at a minimum, five year old everything. Where does someone who is hoping to become more mechanically inclined due to this project start? New gastank, or reuse old gastank? Do I need to try to flush fuel lines? Where would you start and what would you do? Thanks
Old 02-11-2012, 05:42 PM   #2
bryant99
Registered Member

Default Re: Need some advice

You can reuse the old tank as long its not a ton of rust in it and no holes.Some do prefure getting a new tank just to be safe.When a car has sat for several years its wise to flush the fuel lines and check for rusted out lines and replace the rubber fuel lines.Just to get the car running better do a full tune up plugs,cap,rotor and wires,change the oil and tranny fluid and filter and check rear end oil to be safe.It might not hurt to flush out the braking system and check the brake pads and rotors and check the lines.Its best to be safe than sorry when out with the family in the car.Do check the tires for dry rotting.Simple mods are good as advance the timming.I haven't seen to many mustangs being slow unless its been rode hard and put away wet.
bryant99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: