View Single Post
Old 04-20-2002, 01:40 AM   #5
acutepita
Registered Member

Default crazyhorseGT & 69fastback

Thank you both so much for your replies. I appreciate them very much!

It’s not considered rude or in bad taste to have a ’94 painted another year’s color, is it? If either of you could message me back about that, I’d worship you both even more!

I must confess that I feel rather disrespectful posting here, because -
1 – Anything automotive (especially lingo) is Greek to me! – (I read Dan McClain’s post about his Lightning getting banged up by the valet & had the weirdest look on my face all afternoon ... until I finally realized that it must be a type of truck, not a way to describe a "really powerful car" … right??? He has a 'Lightning' truck & a Mustang and therefore a lot of relationships here (I noticed he had a TON of sympathy & ‘kick-his-*****’ follow-up posts.) Anyway, I mainly feel guilty because I have a plain ol’ slow mustang (I’d kill myself in a faster car), plus, right before my second year of college, I tried to change my own oil (thought that it was something every self-respecting female should know how to do – and I’m sure I could if I reallllllly needed to), turns out I emptied my transmission fluid and added lots of extra oil! Oooops! Gained a whole lotta respect for gender roles at that point in my life (& was realllllllly happy to see my Dad, even though I knew he was going to be PO’d).
2 – I’ve been working so much lately that I haven’t had time to read enough of the posts on this board to learn the lingo and netiquette around here, so please accept my apologies for any & all newbie mistakes I’m making – they are not the result of disrespect, just a time-crunch.

Also, crazyhorseGT, I love your sig – “My Hero, My Wife” – how lucky are you to be married to your hero, who’s also your wife! And how incredible for her to be married to you, someone who thinks so highly of her!?!?!

Also, what’s a “gun-foo”? Is there a de-coder list around this site, or are those terms just for the cool posters?

Well, that’s it for me – have a great night & thank you for your replies!

Darcy
acutepita is offline   Reply With Quote