MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-10-2001, 11:46 AM   #1
AxemanZZ
Registered Member

Post Need some professional advice - head work, valve springs, rockers, cam. pretty long.

I am doing some work on a set of stock E7 heads to install with my GT-40 intake. I am going to have the larger 1.94/1.60 vlaves put in them and I am doing a little port work on them myself.

I also would like to bump my compression up by shaving the heads .030 or so. Can anyone tell me where this will put my compression? I've been told .030 is a safe number to take off of the heads. Is this info correct, and wouldn't I have to shim the rockers?

For a cam and rockers, I am considering an F or custom grind with 1.6 roller rockers. I've been told that would work good with my intake. Any other recommendations here? Please be specific as to duration, lift, etc because I know absolutely nothing about cams.

I need help ASAP because I have a mill free at work to shave the heads down and I need to get these heads and everything else ready to install pronto because I just can't wait to see how the GT-40 improves my performance.

Thanks.

Oh yeah, my engine is completely stock right now if that helps.

------------------
90 Mustang LX 5.0
My Ride*My Site

[This message has been edited by AxemanZZ (edited 01-10-2001).]
AxemanZZ is offline   Reply With Quote