MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-12-2001, 04:46 PM   #1
Smokedawg
Tires Fear Me...

Post Need tech. support on superchargers

Ok. I got a few questions for all you supercharger experts. What exactly does a supercharger do? From what I know it forces air in. Then it also taps into the fuel lines to shoot more fuel to the motor. Ok..Now heres my thought. I got good size injectors now in my car. My father wants to experiment a bit. We are goin to hook up some type of motor that will tap into my ram air kit and force air into my air ducts. Then all I should have to do is bump up my FP and see what happens. My father is the type of guy that can work and fix anything so I think this might work. Can you please give me any advice or problems I might run into. Thanks alot

------------------
347 Stroker Motor: Balanced, A9P Computer, Cobra Transmission, Extrude Ported and Polished Upper and ported Lower, GT40 Milled Ported and Polished Heads, B303 Cam, BBK 1 5/8 Headers, 30lb Bosch Injectors, Holley Fuel Regulator, March Underdrive Pulleys, Perma-Cool Fan, 3-Core Radiator, Accel Performance Coil, Accel 300+ Racing Wires, Ram Air, K&N Filter, 79mm Mass Air Unit, FlowMaster Exhaust w/BBK Offroad H-Pipe, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, 3:55 Gears, Ram Clutch, Cross Drilled Rotors
Smokedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2001, 08:25 PM   #2
NO SLO PK
Registered Member

Hey S/D, you've got it. The blower forces more air in the intake, and combined with more fuel you make more power.

Concerning the electric motor idea, I kinda doubt it would work well. That is, the Vortech requires 20+ hp to operate, so you'll need a fan with a motor that's at least as big as 20 hp. Given the space constraints and the alternator's capacity, I don't think it's logistically possible. I've heard a lot of people with the same idea, but I don't think anyone has gotten it to work yet.

------------------
Russ L
'91 LX
Procharger, 3 row intercooler, extrude honed Cobra intake, Mac full Length Headers, 30# inj., 73mm C&L, 75mm tb, E303 cam, 289 rods, ported E7 heads, MSD, T-Rex w/255 lph Walbro, 5 lug conversion, Cobra R wheels, 3.27 gears and Moser Axles.
NO SLO PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2001, 03:29 AM   #3
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

Hey Unit! hah (inside joke)

Sky

------------------
-1989 Saleen Mustang #406- TFS Heads, E-303, edelbrock intake,70MM TB, 73mm MAF, off road H, headers and 3chamber flows.
12.55@107mph
Runs on 87 Octane and gets 24mpg!
Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2001, 05:26 AM   #4
exgmguy
Registered Member

I tried something like that in high school. I didn't work then either!

Anyone remember that small displacement electric supercharger that was on the market about 5 years ago called the Superpac?
exgmguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2001, 06:08 PM   #5
NO SLO PK
Registered Member

Here's a quote I found after doing a search that put me onto a Dodge board:

"I remember hearing someone ask recently about the Superpac electric
supercharger. Well, I saw an advertisment for it yesterday while watching
Hot Rod TV. The number for information on the Superpac supercharger is
805-383-6720. They said that it could give up to 4 psi boost. Hope this
helps whoever inquired about it."

Interesting. I wonder if it really works.

------------------
Russ L
'91 LX
Procharger, 3 row intercooler, extrude honed Cobra intake, Mac full Length Headers, 30# inj., 73mm C&L, 75mm tb, E303 cam, 289 rods, ported E7 heads, MSD, T-Rex w/255 lph Walbro, 5 lug conversion, Cobra R wheels, 3.27 gears and Moser Axles.
NO SLO PK is offline   Reply With Quote