MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-08-2004, 01:30 PM   #1
BigBobsL
Registered Member

Default Need Throttle Body & Idle Conrol Valve Info

Want to do bigger throttle body on my 94 with Kennebell SC. Will be using 90 Lightning MAF. Considering Lightning or 03 Cobra dual bore throttle body or a large single bore (90 or 105 mm) 87-93 throttle body.

1) Unlike the 94-95 thottle body, the Lightning and 03 Cobra throttle body require a separate idle control valve. Does the early Mustang Throttle body have an intergral or separate idle control valve.

2) Have heard the larger early throttle bodies are not suitable for street use. Is this true and why?

3) Can I block off the stock fuel pressure contol valve location and use a remotely mounted boost compensated regulator?

4) Any info on where I can get a boost bypass valve kit locally or quickly?

Any info appreciated - Thanks

Last edited by BigBobsL; 02-08-2004 at 02:21 PM..
BigBobsL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 11:04 AM   #2
jonnyk
Being stroked is great

Default Re: Need Throttle Body & Idle Conrol Valve Info

Quote:
Originally posted by BigBobsL
Want to do bigger throttle body on my 94 with Kennebell SC. Will be using 90 Lightning MAF. Considering Lightning or 03 Cobra dual bore throttle body or a large single bore (90 or 105 mm) 87-93 throttle body.

1) Unlike the 94-95 thottle body, the Lightning and 03 Cobra throttle body require a separate idle control valve. Does the early Mustang Throttle body have an intergral or separate idle control valve.

2) Have heard the larger early throttle bodies are not suitable for street use. Is this true and why?

3) Can I block off the stock fuel pressure contol valve location and use a remotely mounted boost compensated regulator?

4) Any info on where I can get a boost bypass valve kit locally or quickly?

Any info appreciated - Thanks
1) Early Mustangs use an integral idle air bypass valve.
2) True. The reason is because the larger blade will allow a lot more air in at part throttle, causing the throttle to be "touchy" at low blade angles. The ECU is also not programmed to compensate for large volumes of air at low TPS readings. A custom chip would be the best solution for this, as a wider scale can be plotted for a given TB and then you'll have to adapt your right foot after that
3) No. If you meen boost compensated like an FMU, they do not control fuel pressure out of boost, so you will still require a vacuum sensitive regulator. You can, however, plug the stock location and run a remote mounted AFPR. Look to Aeromotive...you may have to change line sizes on the return to do this, and will require fittings as well.
4) Try Kenne Bell for the quickest...

Mods Pics
jonnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 01:16 AM   #3
BigBobsL
Registered Member

Thanks for the good info.
BigBobsL is offline   Reply With Quote