MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-05-2002, 11:10 PM   #1
blueneonman1
Registered Member

Question Need your opinions on E-bay venture

i thought I'd post here to see how many of your would be interested in something that I'm thinking of mass producing to sell on E-bay. I'm thinking of selling a guage plate that I just made for below the radio. I'd make all different variations of it: some with like 3 or 4 switches, some with a hole for a 2-1/16" guage and then switches, and some with just holes for 2 2-1/16" guages. You'll be able to pick which one you want.

Also, I'm thinking of making an ashtray switchplate like the AFM one. Except it won't be ugly metal with a screw in the middle. I'd make different variations of that one too.

I think this could work but I'd like to know if you all would honestly consider buying something like this. I was thinking of selling each plate for $50. The plates are made of 1/4" thick plexiglass covered in nice vinyl material (whatever basic color you want) and have the holes cut out for guages and/or switches installed. One good thing about the radio bezel guage plate is that there are no screws to hold it in. It is a tight fit, but easily comes out if you push it from the back.

Here is the one I made for my car. Let me know what you think!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg plate.jpg (39.8 KB, 92 views)
Blue Streak - '95 5.0L Mustang GT convertible | Saleen heat extractor fiberglass hood | K&N custom CAI | Taylor Spiro Pros | Walbro 255lph pump | Kirban AFPR | MSD Cap/Rotor/Blaster TFI | 2 chamber flows w/ dumps | BBK LTs | BBK short h-pipe | No smog or EGR | NOS 75hp dry kit w/ heater & purge | Battery in trunk| Chassis Eng. subframes | Custom 6-pt rollbar | King Cobra clutch | Steeda adj. clutch cable w/ double hook quad. & firewall adj. | B&M Ripper shifter | FMS C springs | Pro3i C/C plates | Lakewood 70/30 struts | Comp. Eng. 3-way shocks | Chassis Eng. LCAs | Fan switch | 180* thermo FMS| Kumho Ecsta 255/40's all around | Coolest neon lighting on a Mustang EVER!

Don't find yourself in front of me...my brakes SUCK! saving up for a complete Cobra package

Homepage: http://www16.brinkster.com/blueneonman/

Best 1/4 time: 13.5 @ 101
Best 1/8 time: 8.6 @ 84
blueneonman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2002, 12:00 AM   #2
MattwantsSpeed
Registered Member

I'd be interested in it if you had some for the Fox Bodies.

Best to date: 14.331@97.46mph with 14*/stock fan/short belt and a 2.222 60' in 90 degree weather

Waiting to put on Off road H and 1 5/8 headers

Rice Hater's Club #36
MattwantsSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2002, 12:14 AM   #3
Mach 1
Registered Member

Not a bad idea, but your price is way to high. $50.00! I dont think people would spend $50.00 on that, but you never know, try it.
RHC member #142
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2002, 11:20 AM   #4
Agent_4573
Registered Member

I'de buy that, in fact i'de love one right now for a fox body with an aftermarket radio adapter in it. I wouldn't pay anywhere near 50 dollars for it. I could see easily shelling out 20 for it but thats about it.
'89 LX 5.0, off-road h pipe, flowmaster muffs, underdrive pulleys, rebuilt WC T-5, King Cobra Clutch, 65mm throttle body, Explorer Upper/GT40 lower, Lakewood Rear Lift Bars. 76mm C&L Mass air w/ inlet pipe, Twisted wedge heads w/ stage 2 port,polish, MAC equal length shorties, Billet AFPR, 255LPH fuel pump, fresh low end w/ 10.5:1 compression.

If anyone ever wants to go to Raceway Park in Englishtown New Jersey, give me a shout.

RICER HATERS CLUB MEMBER 87!
www.ricehatersclub.com
Agent_4573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2002, 01:02 PM   #5
Ieatcamaros
Domestic Rice really sucks!

It looks good. I would buy one for a fox body mustang. I agree with the rest that $50 is a little high. I'd say $30 at most.
Old 07-11-2002, 01:13 AM   #6
1hot5.0
Registered Member

Great idea, make them for fox bodies, and charge no more than $25.
1hot5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 07:39 PM   #7
USMC302
Registered Member

Looks, good, would it come with the button and switch? if so a good $30 would sell good and would seem to be reasonable. Even better if you had it for the fox bodies as mentioned before,but I am supercharged on the SN model so I really don't know whjat I would use the buttons for. Good luck thoug, I would try to get a deal with autometer or patent it before some else takes it from you. Good Luck
Old 07-11-2002, 09:50 PM   #8
Lethal5Oh
Registered Member

Id like to know how you got it to stay in there. Im trying to make something similiar to what you have to mount a EQ for my radio.
'95 GT convert. K&N, C&L mass air meter, Performance distributors sreamin demon coil, dyna mod, live wires, king cobra clutch, flowmaster american thunder exhaust, UPR billet adjustable shift handle, Crane Cams Fireball HI-6 box,underdrive pullies, 255lph fuel pump, UPr short throw shifter, caster camber plates, 03 cobra lower A arms, bullit suspension, cobra front brakes
Lethal5Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2002, 12:52 AM   #9
blueneonman1
Registered Member

Lethal...

The plate stays in there by the tension of the vinyl on the dash piece. It's a really tight fit. You have to push it out from the back to get it out. It's a really exact fit as well.

So what you're all telling me is $30 is too much to ask for a plate without switches or guages in it?

I wish i could make them for the FOX, but every plate I make has to be test-fitted in my car. Too bad I ditched my ashtray for a cupholder too . Maybe I'll get my friend with a FOX to spend a day with me so I can make some.
Blue Streak - '95 5.0L Mustang GT convertible | Saleen heat extractor fiberglass hood | K&N custom CAI | Taylor Spiro Pros | Walbro 255lph pump | Kirban AFPR | MSD Cap/Rotor/Blaster TFI | 2 chamber flows w/ dumps | BBK LTs | BBK short h-pipe | No smog or EGR | NOS 75hp dry kit w/ heater & purge | Battery in trunk| Chassis Eng. subframes | Custom 6-pt rollbar | King Cobra clutch | Steeda adj. clutch cable w/ double hook quad. & firewall adj. | B&M Ripper shifter | FMS C springs | Pro3i C/C plates | Lakewood 70/30 struts | Comp. Eng. 3-way shocks | Chassis Eng. LCAs | Fan switch | 180* thermo FMS| Kumho Ecsta 255/40's all around | Coolest neon lighting on a Mustang EVER!

Don't find yourself in front of me...my brakes SUCK! saving up for a complete Cobra package

Homepage: http://www16.brinkster.com/blueneonman/

Best 1/4 time: 13.5 @ 101
Best 1/8 time: 8.6 @ 84
blueneonman1 is offline   Reply With Quote