MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-27-2002, 04:48 AM   #1
50redvert
Registered Member

Default new AOD w/ shift skit and 2400 stall

man its like a new car it shift 1 and 2 is weird because of the
1-d-1 deal but that it still slams it into 3 i like it .. i raced my buddy and he was able to beat me by 2 cars now only 1/2 = ) i feel good
50redvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 06:58 AM   #2
PKRWUD

Thumbs up

Cool.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 10:27 AM   #3
rbatson

What did you get? I remember when I had the B&M stall and shift kit put in my car. Have fun!
Old 01-27-2002, 11:35 AM   #4
88COBRA
STANGPOWER.COM

I hope your friend is a 5 speed :P

I love too see AOD guys beat 5 speeds!

What kind of stall did you buy?

If you want to beat your friend, buy a Lentech Street Terminator Valve body! It allows you to shift 1-2-3-Electric OD. They also pump more fluid to the places that the AOD needs it the most.

Ian

My WebSites:
VortechPower.com - Brand new site for Vortech users!
NOVIPOWER.COM - Devoted to the performance of the NOVI supercharger
STANGPOWER.COM - A small community based in Canada for Mustangs
MORE WebSites Coming soon

PLEASE NOTE: I am not an affiliate (nor do I work for) any Mustang parts retailers - I create informational Mustang WebSites
88COBRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 01:54 PM   #5
90LxDroptop
Registered Member

Default nice nice

that's good to hear man. that must kick... I have a TransGo shift kit sitting in my room with an A servo I've been waiting to install...I would do it today with my dad but yeah...Lakers vs. Sixers.lol...I want to get a stall converter too...The Percision one sounds awesome, but geez $650...anyone know of a good stall converter that will be a little easier on my College Savings?lol
Old 01-27-2002, 09:28 PM   #6
50redvert
Registered Member

i have a 2400 stall and a level 10 rebuilt ... and that trans go is weird ... i also hate how it doesnt hold 2nd but on my way home from south county i race one of my buddys in a 95 5.0 he has 3.55 against my 4.10 which he would get me on the long run ... well i kept up with him intill 120 then started to pull = (
o well he says "man your car pulls hard has F$%# for an automatic" i felt good = ) yaahh
Old 01-27-2002, 09:44 PM   #7
90LxDroptop
Registered Member

What do u mean, it didn't hold 2nd...Do you have to shift it manually or something? i wanna know before I put mine in!
Old 01-27-2002, 11:07 PM   #8
RobertD
Registered Member

Probably means that the valve body is still configured in the 1-D-1 set-up. The only complaint that I have with the Trans-Go is the way it has an early shift into OD. I guess it's to save the OD band...no problem, just manually hold it in 3rd.

In fact, the 2-3 shift in my car comes later than stock. Maybe it's the way I adjusted my TV cable, maybe the shift kit. I can cruise down the street at 40-mph in 2nd with 3.27's. All I know is that I like it.

-88 ASC McLaren #709- 306, 73mm C&L, 65 mm TB, Moroso Cold Air, MAC shorties, Off-Road H, 3-Ch. Flowmasters, AOD, Transgo, 2600 stall.
RobertD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 11:40 PM   #9
50redvert
Registered Member

i ahve to manully shift now ..
i rev 1st up to like 5,200 or 5,500
then 2nd shifts at 4,000 if i dont do that 1-d-1 crap
then 3rd 5,300 or so
then 4th just hold the gas down = )

but man it hits 3rd pretty hard .. the car jerks .. i like that = )
Old 01-28-2002, 02:27 AM   #10
Mach 1
Registered Member

Yeah, shift kits rock! anybody with an automatic should have one, be one of thier first mods, also extends tranny life.
RHC member #142
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 04:38 AM   #11
PKRWUD

There's nothing quite like the feeling one gets the first time they shred tires shifting! Neck-snapping fun.

I need another project vehicle.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 01-28-2002, 07:02 AM   #12
88COBRA
STANGPOWER.COM

90LxDroptop: I have a converter for you.

The company is called Edge Racing, they are based out of Alaska and CA.

Here is their website:
http://www.edgeracingconverters.com

They make awesome converters, all hand made, custom order. When you order your converter, you just tell them your mods and they make one, or you decide on a stall and they will custom make it for you.

The 12" piece is $225, the 9.5 Custom stall is $375.

If you are interested, please send them an e-mail, be sure to tell them Ian from STANGPOWER sent you.

Ian

My WebSites:
VortechPower.com - Brand new site for Vortech users!
NOVIPOWER.COM - Devoted to the performance of the NOVI supercharger
STANGPOWER.COM - A small community based in Canada for Mustangs
MORE WebSites Coming soon

PLEASE NOTE: I am not an affiliate (nor do I work for) any Mustang parts retailers - I create informational Mustang WebSites
88COBRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 01:32 PM   #13
Mach 1
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PKRWUD
There's nothing quite like the feeling one gets the first time they shred tires shifting! Neck-snapping fun.

I need another project vehicle.

Take care,
-Chris
i agree, and have often wondered why you dont have a mustang? Do you have any street rod/ car you play with type thing, or just your Ford Truck?
RHC member #142
Old 01-28-2002, 03:24 PM   #14
PKRWUD

Although I work on them just about every week, I have never owned a Mustang myself. Quite honestly, I don't know that I ever will. I've always been more into the unusual, or sleeper vehicles. Mustangs seem to get broken into alot around here, too. I've had 10 or 11 project vehicles over the years, including 3 Pinto's, a nitrous injected Buick, a 63 Rambler, a 64 Ranchero and a Harley. Right now I have a '66 Olds 400 out of a 4-4-2 in my garage, and I'll be looking for a vehicle to drop it in by this summer. I would like to build another Ford project, though. The only thing I don't like about Fords (and Mopars too) is the fenderwells and the front suspension. I guess I like more elbow room. My F-150 was purchased to be my work truck, but it cleans up so nicely, and is really a nice vehicle, so it's become my everyday ride. Being the person I am, I have of course altered just about every aspect of it so that it fits my tastes, but that's just my nature.

Working on a Sprint car team has put a crimp in my desire to have a project vehicle too. For 8 months out of the year, I wrench all day, and then again on the weekends. Kinda shoots down the desire to come home and wrench further. But, the 4 months between seasons, like right now, get's me itching again. Hanging out here doesn't help that much either. You guys give me ideas sometimes, but it's difficult not having a vehicle to test them on.

I'll have another one soon enough. My garage misses having oil on the floor.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 01-29-2002, 02:45 AM   #15
Mach 1
Registered Member

Come on, get a mustang.

I know how you feel though. I started modding a markVII about 4 years ago, because I like to be different also, but was fed up with all the extra effort and custom parts required, so I switched to a mustang.

Ive always likes mustangs some, and the tremendous aftermarket support has just made it too hard to not own a mustang.

If I was going to do a GM, I guess it would have to be a Monte Carlo SS or a buick regal T-type(did one of those in the past).

I really dont understand the attraction to camaros, as they do nothing for me at all.

I bet that 400 olds would look good under the hood of a Monte or Regal, and you have a full frame to work with, no need for sub-frame connecters.
RHC member #142
Old 01-29-2002, 03:25 PM   #16
FivepointOH
Registered Member

Hey Ian, do you have a converter from that company? How do you like it? Also what's the difference between the 12" and 9.5" and are they lockup or nonlockup?
92 AOD GT, K&N, ram air, pulleys, 2 ch. flowmasters, 4:10's, shift kit, 1 5/8 mac longtubes and offroad hpipe 14.249 @ 97.34

Lakewood 90/10's and 50/50's
FivepointOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2002, 05:52 AM   #17
Mach 1
Registered Member

Ian, you still interested in my converter?
RHC member #142
Old 01-30-2002, 07:25 AM   #18
PKRWUD

Quote:
Originally posted by Mach 1
Come on, get a mustang.
Hehe, maybe, we'll see. It's just that everything possible has already been done to a Mustang. I mean, how many nitrous injected 1977 Buick LeSabre's have you seen? That was really cool. The Rambler would have been cool if it wasn't for their stupid tranny/driveshaft tunnel. Even my last Pinto was a rocker! it only had a 2000cc in it, but I worked it pretty good. I had a Trans Am shaker scoop on in the hood, on the drivers side, because the Holley didn't quite fit. It was so funny because people always asked me if it had a V8 in it because of the hood scoop, but how many V8's have you seen with the carb mounted on the drivers side valve cover! Dumb people!

Quote:
I really dont understand the attraction to camaros, as they do nothing for me at all.
I can't completely agree with that. I have always liked the first and second generation F-bodies. Starting in 1982, I lost all interest, but the earlier ones were pretty cool. Especially the Trans Ams. I still think my '77 T/A was one sweet ride. It was mostly stock, but that was just fine. Drove like it was on rails. It had T-Tops, too, which is a killer addition here. But they've been done to death too. I'd kinda like to get another Chevelle, just because I liked them so much, but the idea of droping that 400 into an Omega, or some such POS, excites me.

We'll see. I do know Mustangs pretty well, and could be very happy with one.

Hmmmmmm.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 01-30-2002, 02:56 PM   #19
Mach 1
Registered Member

Well, I was talking about the newer camaros.

Personally, I like the 67' - 69', but I dont like the 70' and up camaros at all.
RHC member #142
Old 01-30-2002, 03:19 PM   #20
PKRWUD

You didn't like the Trans Am in Smokey and the Bandit??? What's wrong with you? Every guy loved that car! Hehehe, well, at least I did.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!